Have you seen or do you have any pics of a large Cat Dozer that got caught on one of those huge disc type shovels in a mine accident??? I've been looking for those pics and story behind it and have had no luck. Todd
Pullpan might have a better sized one. If I recall, there might be more than one pic of the incident, but this one I had on my computer. I'd sure like to know the details too...
Anybody know what size dozer it is ?
I know that it was a D8R. I think it fell down to the sharp end of the bucket wheel when pushing material down to the working area... but maybe someone else can confirm and has more facts!
Yeah !!! That's the incident I was refering to. If I recall there were indeed several pics. What exactly is the name of the machine that scooped it up? thanks ya'll, Todd
You will find the rest of the photo's in PullPan's link, here: http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/295503781SAzygY
I have the article at work.. its posted on the board at the office.. it was in germany I believe.. but the dozer was left in the way because of a shift change.. when it was scooped up.. Altho I have been known to be wrong time to time.. altho not very often... :bouncegri
there ya go people are so helpful around here. i find pics all the time it is just finding time to put them on the web ya know but here are a few more cool pix..
and some more :thumbsup
That 328D looks awesome, does anybody have any specs on it ??
It's in the product brochure from cat.com http://www.cat.com/cda/components/securedFile/displaySecuredFileServletJSP?fileId=89712&languageId=7 BTW.. anyone know what LCR represents?
The CR in LCR stands for "Compact Radius", if I read my press releases correctly (and retain the info, hehe)
....and the L stands for long undercarriage
I finally found the Email that was sent to me with info about the machine that scooped up the dozer. But it's in a PPS and I don't know how to post it here. Anybody here wanna give it a try? I could email it to ya. Todd
This most probably be the most brutal demolition job ever! :notworthy http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/295503781/1397327571065476939HBLHQd
woww-- i heard once that that was on a mine site and they wanted it removed quickly. i heard it on a pic site... cant remember which one.
The name of the machine in question is the ....{Krupp bucket wheel excavater} . Yeah I too read about the accident, the operator must have had to change his pants. Theres a german link to photos of this machine in the Rhine coal pit in germany. I'll have to find the link, theres only one problem. Unless you can read german,sometimes its a pain to move around the site. Slagpot
Heres the link to Krupp bucket wheel pictures and a whole bunch more photos of heavy equipment. The krupp photos are in the photo group eigth one down. http://images.google.com/imgres?img...prev=/images?q=bagger&svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&sa=N Patrick
Opppps.....click on zurick to see the other photos of equipment.BTW heres another link to german site, it pretty much the same guy that owns this one. http://www.lkw-stefan.de/ Patrick
Get the Google toolbar and it will translate the page into english for you.Ron G