Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hi everybody…

JBI ยท 2013-10-12 10:06

I found this forum in a Google search for service truck info. I'm a self-employed welder who's been getting more and more business from the ag sector, and a lot of it is mechanical repair. The truck I currently have isn't cutting it, as I've got tools piled up inside the body, on the floorboards, between the seats, behind the seats, under the seats...you get the idea. Google directed me to your ultimate service trucks thread, which I just finished reading. Right now I'm torn between taking the current bed off my F-550 and replacing it with another bed, or stepping up to a Topkick-sized truck. I want to pay cash, and I'm going to max out at around $15,000. For that money I need a 3200-lb or larger crane and the largest service body I can afford which must include a torch compartment. A rear work area is a must as well, although I can build that if necessary. Seems like a used Cat service truck or something along those lines would be perfect. Anyway, I've got more reading and searching on here to do. Thanks for a great resource. -Joe

Replies2
  1. #1digger242j2013-10-12 12:19

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums. I'm glad you're finding it helpful, and do let us know how things turn out.

  2. #2clintm2013-10-12 18:42

    go with the biggest truck you can find. you can always add the bells and wistles as $$$$ comes along I think every one will agree they never had to big a truck and theres always something to change or add to it