Hello everyone My Dad and I are both members here and i just started my profile. We farm corn and soybeans but no livestock haven't had any for about 20 years but we do enjoy running big equipment. We love finding older construction equipment and rebuilding it and putting it to use. We have an cat 426 4x4 backhoe that we bought at the local consignment auction about 5 years ago that replaced a case 480 ck that we had for over 20 years and was an excellent machine. We also bought a cat 225 excavator that had the lower pinion bearing out on the bottom of the swing gearbox and we ended up pulling the old gearbox out and finding a used gearbox at a salvage yard. I have a case 400D that I plan on working on this winter as it has an injector pump leak and the dash cluster needs to be replaced. Our current project is a John Deere 450-B track loader that has been sitting for about 6 years and we have gotten it to turn over and fire and run for about 10 seconds but we are still bleeding air and old diesel fuel out of the system. The next thing we are going to do to it tomorrow is put on some new fuel filters to make sure we are getting plenty of clean fuel to the injector pump. Well I have rambled on enough for now so thanks for listening.
No replies yet.