Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hi from Tennessee

Tennessee ยท 2015-04-08 20:13

Been a lurker for a while finally registered. I think this is a great forum with lots of experienced members and help. Im sure I will be needing it and hopefully will be able to contribute some along the way. Machinist by trade digger at heart. Just east of Nashville, Tn.

Replies6
  1. #1willie592015-04-08 20:19

    Welcome to HEF Tennessee. :drinkup

  2. #2maddog2015-04-08 21:22

    I live over in white county. Welcome

  3. #3Nitelite2015-04-08 21:42

    Welcome Tennessee, Cheatham County here, just West of Nashville in Ashland City. You may have been following my thread on this forum, "Cat 951-C in my sights". What are you digging with in Tennessee. If you are a machinist in Nashville I bet you know my brother, John Cripps. John is a machinist for Cumberland Machine Co. and he is the day shift foreman at the Bridgestone tire plant in La Vergne Tn. He also is a digger and plays with a Komatsu D31. I have more family that are, or have been machinist in and around Nashville.

  4. #4willie592015-04-08 21:52

    East of Nashville, he's probably digging with a hydraulic breaker. In that area you dig 6" of soil then it's all limestone rock. LoL

  5. #5Tennessee2015-04-08 22:12

    Small world! It is pretty rocky in these parts for sure. Haven't had the privilege of knowing John Cripps. I have mostly been in tool and die work. Now everything I make goes into a hole in the ground for maintenance. Great Forum!

  6. #6Nitelite2015-04-09 00:10

    It is a small world, we must have worked for the same place at one time because all the money that I make goes into a hole the ground! In Cheatham County we have some limestone too, but we also have some yellow rock that can be dug with some pain.