Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hi Gang

wornout wrench ยท 2012-02-18 20:52

Hi gang. Just want to introduce myself. I am a Heavy Duty Mechanic with over 35 years in the trade hence the "wornout wrench" nickname. I grew up and have lived on the west coast of British Columbia, Canada all my life. From a very young age I alway had a love of big equipment. When I was a kid and lived in a remote logging camp, I used to play in the boneyard, the old machines were better then any tree fort. I have spent most of my career in the forest industry, now I spend most of my time rebuilding heavy equipment. I really enjoy this site and have finaly got myself registered so now I can post. Looking forward to having some fun, posting some pictures and making a few new friends, possibly connecting with a few old ones. Cheers Brian

Replies9
  1. #1willie592012-02-18 22:36

    Welcome to the forum wornout wrench.

  2. #2digger242j2012-02-19 11:42

    Notice Willie was the first to say welcome. Probably cause he's also worn his wrench out. Welcome to HEF, Brian.

  3. #3willie592012-02-19 21:39

    LoL, or lost the darn thing...memory ain't what it used to be.

  4. #4wornout wrench2012-02-19 21:41

    Looks like I'll be in good company here LOL

  5. #5coorecat2012-02-19 21:44

    Welcome to HEF wornout, this is a great place!

  6. #6shopguy2012-02-19 21:47

    Welcome, Brian Willie did you train packract ?

  7. #7sdc23_992012-03-05 15:40

    I'm glad we have some very experienced members to help out the less experienced like myself!!!

  8. #8blitz1382012-03-28 00:07

    Welcome wornout wrench, I'd like to pick your brain on BC mining, everything I've heard its getting crazier and crazier.

  9. #9wornout wrench2012-03-28 00:29

    Hi Blitz138 I'll help out as much as I can, I'm more knowledgeable on logging equipment. I have the opportunityty to move over to mining and I just might make the switch just to see how the other half does it LOL. Not sure what you mean by crazier and crazier, I know that they are going balls to the wall, a few new ones opening up, but that is all I know for now. If I do make the move, I'll keep in touch The wornout wrench