Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hi. I fix ships

mudnducs ยท 2014-06-16 17:19

Hello Gents, Just now getting into the world of heavy equipment that doesn't float. I'm a Port Engineer for a medium sized (~350 ft) west coast hopper dredge...it keeps me busy trying to keep it operational. I just bought an old Bobcat 442 excavator and am learning to use it.......................it's not easy. I have a whole new respect for guys that can make this look like they can do it in their sleep. Anyway, just wanted to say Hi. Motorcycles and shooting are my other interests. Bill

Replies5
  1. #1Hardline2014-06-18 01:30

    Hello Bill, welcome to the forum.

  2. #2Ronsii2014-06-18 01:42

    Welcome Bill With interests like those you'll be right at home here

  3. #3CM19952014-06-18 06:43

    Welcome to the Forums mudnducs! :drinkup

  4. #4lantraxco2014-06-18 15:57

    Essayons? Can't remember the other one, used to live in St. Johns a stones throw from the docks. Sold the odd CAT part to the Corps back when I worked for the local dealer. So howdy neighbor! :drinkup

  5. #5mudnducs2014-06-30 12:43

    Thanks Gents! Bingo Ian...ESSAYONS. The other one is the Yaquina or as we associated with the Essayons like to affectionately call it...."the Launch". We just converted the Ess to 4 C280's 2 600V gen sets and 2 main propulsion engines...we have 4 smaller CAT's for ships service generators.