Hi. I just purchased this 05' CX36 for 13k (i think I got a good deal) 2600hrs. What do you guys think? Anyone know where to get a 12" and 24" bucket, maybe even a coupler? OH..and most of all is there anyone in Southeast Michigan who needs an experienced operator?? I'll whore myself out Thanks
Curious as to where I might obtain an Extendable stick or even a longer (5'3") stick for this machine too. I need it to be able to dig at least 11'
I just bought a quick coupler and 2 buckets from USA Attachments. They seem to be very well built. I haven't mounted the coupler or used the buckets as they just arrived today.
Welcome to the forum and good luck with the new toy. You'll find there is a lot of experienced help on this forum. http://www.amiattachments.com/ Check out the AMI equipment they make excellent stuff
Thank you very much. This looks like such a great site. I will try AMI if I cant find any good used stuff.
What have your guys' experience been with these machines. Good ..bad? Any notable quirks?
That machine looks to be in excellent conditon for 2600 hours worth of work. I don't know whether that machine can handle a longer arm without adding extra counterweights to the rear hence losing the zero tailswing capability. Might be best to see how it handles when you've got a bigger bucket on, not to mention the added weight of a quick coupler (if you get one) before deciding to start modding.
Old thread but here's a pic (if it shows up) of my cx36 and best $$ I ever spent on an attachment. Its a Helac powertilt that rotates 90 degrees in each direction. I do a lot of swale and drainage work and with the 4' grading bucket this setup is priceless.
And another one....
I don't have that machine anymore PAdigger, I bought a new Kubota kx121-3. But I love that attachment. How much was it? And what were you making in the first pic you posted? just a drainage run off?
The Helac new was around $5k but I didn't pay that, it was a brand new demo the manufacturer had that was for my exact machine. I paid $2400 shipped from Washington state to Pennsylvania. Yes just a drainage swale, when those condos were built the builder graded all the slopes as such that all the water that ran off the slope ran straight into the back of the units, sometimes right under patio doors. Not sure how they got away with it but they did and it gave me a lot of work!