Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hi New member

cold steel027 ยท 2024-07-23 12:16

Hi everyone, I'm new to heavy equipment. I'm usually of the school of thought if you don't know much about it or can't work on it don't buy it. Yet here I am lol. I do own a construction company and have used (rented) skid loaders often and pick up things fairly quickly. We recently bought a house on 80 acres and decided to build a pond when calling excavation company's and found out it would be over 100 grand to build our pond I decided I would just buy used equipment and do it myself and then I would have the equipment to show for my money afterwards. GREAT PLAN RIGHT?....Yeah we'll maybe not so much. It would be great if they would run without breaking down all the time . Anyway so I have a 1965 hd6E dozer that's been sitting where the pond should be for 6 months and a 04 jcb 214 backhoe that was sitting with it I finically got the nerve up and changed two busted hydro lines on and still have a problem with it also. So here I am hopefully I can learn some things fix my machines and finally start to dig my pond. Would like to learn enough to help some others eventually thanks for the platform

Replies8
  1. #1MarcusZ19672024-07-23 12:31

    Well Welcome to HEF Cold!! And another one from MO!!

  2. #2Steve Frazier2024-07-23 20:30

    Welcome to HEF! I'm sure our members will be able to walk you through your troubles if they're repairable. Good luck!

  3. #3cold steel0272024-07-25 00:17

    Thanks for the welcome

  4. #4Old Doug2024-07-25 07:06

    I have thought about doing a project the same way a couple times but never did it good luck. I live in north central Mo what part of the state do you live in?

  5. #5AllDodge2024-07-25 07:20

    Welcome to HEF

  6. #6cold steel0272024-07-30 15:50

    I live in Dearborn MO. In between St. JOE and Platte city

  7. #7cold steel0272024-07-30 15:50

    Thank you

  8. #8funwithfuel2024-08-02 06:23

    Welcome. A little late, but welcome.