Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

High flo hydraulics on a case 1838 skidsteer

Stb12345 ยท 2023-10-30 21:42

Can i add high flo hydraulics to a Case 1838 skidsteer? If so.what would it cost? I have a bush hog I want to use with it.

Replies2
  1. #1alrman2023-10-31 03:52

    Welcome to HEF @Stb12345 You may need to more engine HP to run high flo than that little Kubota engine can give you.... just thinking out loud.....

  2. #2KSSS2023-10-31 09:57

    I had ordered several 1840's with high flow from the factory, back in the day. I had never heard of high flow on an 1838 and as Alrman pointed out, I am not sure you would gain much if it was even possible. Those machines including the 1840 and 1845C will run attachments of course but they only made around 15-16 gpm at regular aux flow. Even with high flow it they would only make as much flow as a current SSL would on regular flow. The 1840 made 50 hp and the 1845C was 56. Since it takes hp to generate flow, they didn't have a lot of hp to start with. I don't remember what the hp was on the Kubota motor back then, but I would guess low to mid 40's. You just don't a great machine to run attachments off of.