I know this looks a little weird, but I've had a guy stuck for a month on a project where he's facing right into the sun. All day every day. I didn't want him to quit, and I had seen some things like this on 70-80's cranes from Florida and Arizona etc. That's right. Back glass out. Plywood and window A/C in. Lp generator. All 5 cranes. Under $450 per crane. It's going to be 100 deg here tomorrow. And I am laughing.
Gotta do what you gotta do. I'm sure the operators appreciate it. Ed
In this case I don't know that it's as much hillbilly AC as it is working with what you have to work with. As in, both of those rigs have lower engine only, nothing to drive an AC compressor for the upper, and the center rotary joint doesn't have ports for high side and low side AC, soooo, work with what you have to work with, stick a window unit in the rear cab glass hole and strap down a generator. Simple, quick, easy, cheap, and most of all effective. :drinkup