While shoping for a new service truck I found a new Hino 338 and Maintainer body with the specs Im looking for and wondered if anyone here owns a Hino truck? Looks like a nice truck and the price is right....... Thanks, Rob
Nothing wrong with Hinos,been over here for years, Just check that they can back up service and spares for you.
a buddy has one that is set up to deliver propane it is a good driving truck just not alot of horse power (it is made by toyota) but still a good truck
The unit I am looking at is 260 HP and 660 LBS torque. Going tomorrow to take her for a drive. It was on display at Mid America Truck show 2 weeks ago. I was surprised to learn the truck is built in West Virginia.
We have a Hino 268A with the 220hp/520 torque set up with a swaploader hook lift. It's been a great truck. Other than normal maintenance and wear parts there was a sensor that went out once. The truck has logged over 120K miles. The 220hp engine is no slouch, it will carry a 4 ton can pretty well and I would like to try a 260hp. One thing that impressed me was the simplicity and the cleanliness (referring to engineering) of the engine compartment. It is a comfortable truck to drive. I would highly recommend one.
Thanks for the info :drinkup
I have the 338 and love the truck, but find that the fuel economy or lack there of is off compared to the hino reputation. We have done 70k in 11 months and no real complaints other than fuel consumption... Bret
Most uncomfortable cab i ever been in. Other than that its been a very dependable truck.
hi,used to work at a couple of places that sold hino s,only saw one engine failure,download said 4750 rpm s,they are very reliable,want one for service truck for weld\truck shop,get one with disc hydraulic or air brakes
yous love you bonetted trucks over there. Down under we have Hino's every where, very reliable truck. I didnt know Hino had a boneted version until i google that model number. http://hino.com.au/ Is what we drive
Dont know much about Hinos worked on a few but when you said Maintainer ..I believe Maintainer bodies are the nicest built out there ..I know a boy who wore out 2 trucks and the body is still in good shape ..