Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi 120 and 100

samsstuff ยท 2025-04-08 20:15

If a hitachi 120 and a 100 are the same on the bottom end except track link and couple other small details, then why does the 100 have more hose hookups than the 120, thanks in advance

Replies9
  1. #1skyking12025-04-08 20:49

    the top line is a case drain, the two big lines are the fwd rev drives, and that last one is a brake line. The other unit has an integrated brake system and does not have the brake. The JD 120 I work in is like the 4 and has 4 lines per side.

  2. #2Diesel Dave2025-04-08 20:54

    The 4th hose is actually for the hi/low speed propel.

  3. #3skyking12025-04-08 20:58

    Thanks Dave that was not making sense. I went back and looked at my pictures. My high propel works with both pedals down or displacing the boom lever a little bit. Does that indicate bipassing in the swivel?

  4. #4Diesel Dave2025-04-08 21:02

    @skyking1 , You have a Deere 120 correct ?

  5. #5Diesel Dave2025-04-08 21:30

    With propel speed switch in low speed , no signal is sent to the propel motor shift cylinders. With switch in high speed, the motor starts in low speed until the propel operating pressure is relatively low. At that point the main controller powers a solenoid valve sending a signal to the propel motor shift cylinders. I could see there being a swivel issue if you only had high speed regardless of propel speed switch position

  6. #6Diesel Dave2025-04-08 21:52

    @samsstuff , the 4 hose propel motor picture is an EX100-2 or -3. The 3 line propel motor pic is an EX120-1 .

  7. #7samsstuff2025-04-08 22:37

    Can I use the drive off the 100 for a 120

  8. #8Diesel Dave2025-04-08 23:24

    Not likely , I expect the sprocket centreline would be way off.

  9. #9samsstuff2025-04-09 13:42

    Welp I gotta pile stuff to put on marketplace, final drives wouldn't work, thankfully I stripped the 100 so I should get out what I put into it towards a final drive, thanks for all yalls help