Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi 130-5 starting issue

Davotoole97 · 2025-01-28 10:58

Hi all I have a hitachi 130-5 that will not start. I drove the machine into the shed a few weeks ago and everything was fine, I went to it the other day and it will not start. It turns over fine but no start. I have checked the switch under the seat. Switch is good but I only have power in 1 of the 4 wires going to it (I’m thinking there should be power in another one of the wires?). I have no power in fuse number 7 also (start fuse) I have 1 fault code 20101-02. Fuel supply to the high pressure pump is good so I have ruled out a fuel issue. Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Replies8
  1. #1Simon C2025-01-28 15:59

    Does it have a ribbon heater or glow plugs that are not working. Does it have a fuel solenoid that is not working. Is the fuel lever moving, or in full fuel position. Have not seen your fuse panel, so is fuse 7 only on when unit is running or why is there no power. Is there a positive air lever tripped. Is there any smoke? Pull both air filters out and shoot heavy amount of WD40 in while cranking. Does it fire up and die if you stop the WD40. Simon C

  2. #2Diesel Dave2025-01-28 16:22

    Welcome to HEF Davo . I assume ZX130-5 , You have a Serial # ? One of the (2) poles on the switch under the seat grounds out the engine stop terminal of the ECF. The other pole I believe interrupts the start circuit. The start fuse is powered only when the key switch is in the start position. Fault # 20101-02 indicates an engine warning alarm, are there any active codes listed under the (ECF) engine controller ?

  3. #3Davotoole972025-01-28 17:01

    Thanks for that, I have the serial number in the picture, ah ok I was thinking I had a power issue in that switch and with the fuse too but that doesn’t seem to be the case. Nope I’ve no other fault codes showing, that’s the only one, there’s an engine symbol on the screen with a ! In the middle of it but I take it that’s just the warning light to do with that code? The screen also goes blank when cranking, I’ve never noticed this before because it used to always start first touch of the key, maybe this is normal I’m not overly familiar with these.

  4. #4Simon C2025-01-28 18:06

    Diesel Dave has worked lots on these. Screen going blank when cranking points to batteries low in voltage or bad connections to monitor. Have your batteries been recharged since multiple start attempts have been tried. Maybe Dave knows where to check the connections other than at monitor positive and negative connections. Simon C

  5. #5Diesel Dave2025-01-29 10:11

    I am more familiar with -3’s but here to try and help . @Davotoole97 , later today I will send you a portion of the electrical schematic with the monitor wiring. Did you dig out the fault code (20101-02) by going into the monitor service mode or did it just appear ?

  6. #6Diesel Dave2025-01-29 22:34

    @Davotoole97 , check your messages.

  7. #7Davotoole972025-01-30 16:15

    Thanks I got the schematic, I haven’t been near the machine since and didn’t get to try anything. Also I got the fault code in the troubleshooting menu it didn’t just appear

  8. #8Sphd2025-03-17 21:43

    I’ve got a 245g John Deere with the same code, wondering if you ever resolved yours?