I got my self into a problem that I am struggling with coustemer asked me to look a the digger because the wipper had quit working ever keen I thought no problem looked at all the fuses all ok ( just metered them didn't pull any out) tested the motor with probe it worked went looking at the relays there was 4 tin covered ones and one black one witch turned out to be a diode pack with the pin format if a 5 pin relay with her running I pulled all the releys and made sure all where working fitted the diode pack back as well Switched the machine off fitted every thing back on place only to find out I now that I have no ignition lights and when turning the key to the start it lights up the dash all the relays are back in place and all the fuses are still good I found that if I put an earth to one of the releys the main isolater clicks and every thing works as shoud but when switched of the ignition lights stay on Has any one any advise Thanks Paul
I had an EX120-2 do this to me, drove me nuts, it had weak batteries, do a load test on them. Hope that's your problem....
I don't think it's the battery's I checked all the connections and she starts fine when I put a earth to the relay The battery's are charging at 27 v went she is running Thanks for the suggestion
load test the battery just to put my mind at rest they were good checked the fuses in the battery area again and both are alright has anyone any wiring diagrams for this machine ? someone with more experience with Hitachi know what power i should be getting to the two small wires at the alternator thanks for the help much appreciated