noticed one track a little loose yesterday and after being unable to get it to take grease i ordered a new injector. kept machine going today while waiting for injector to arrive and sure enough run the track off, in the water, under a power line, -15 forecast, anyway got it back on before dark and put the new injector in and cant even get tension back to where it was before track came off. just cant get it to take grease , no grease leaks just cant push it through, any ideas? thanks
How many hours do you have on the undercarriage?
got grease in your grease gun?
I had a friend with a similar instance on a smaller machine, it had been in the water. The tensioner ram had ceased, we had to take it off and polish it, then it worked OK., I would check your grease gun 1st of course.LOL
that sounds like it could be it Wardiker,never had it apart to get a look at the ram but didnt think theywould cease that way since they should be chrome, going to go have another look maybe try the 2 stagegrease gun and force it out.
I warmed up the electric gun and tried again but it won't take. Gun is supposed to put out 10 000 lbs so I guess forcing it isn't going to work. Going to have to tear into it what can a guy expect to find ?
Might want to take the new adjuster fitting out to make sure grease flows trough it. Just a thought. Also there may be no adjustment left.
That is what it seems like but like I said I cant even get it to the position it was before the track came off,must be seized ,unless some mud got in somewhere and is frozen
We get called out a lot on similar situations and are told adjusters will not pump out. Sure enough, they were using a hand pump grease gun. We hook our air pneumatic grease gun and it pumps right out. Thats some of the easiest money we make. If it is frozen, you need to connect a hydraulic pump to it and pump it out then clean it up and install new seals. Good Luck.
How many lbs does a pneumatic grease gun put out? you mean pump out the old grease? When I put the track back on most of the grease came out so it did retract but seemed fairly tight.
Is the undercarriage old? If you're at -15 are you using #1 grease? I'm sure you pushed your idler in when you put your track on, didn't it move back out when you pumped grease into it?
No it didnt move , probably pushed close to a tube of grease out but only a few pumps went back in before it quit taking .
did you swing your bucket 90 degrees to the track and lift it completely off the ground? Sorry, got to get the obvious questions out of the way.
You bet Rob thought that might jiggle it a head while pumping grease into it,no luck
I'm sorry Sasman, I haven't run into your problem.
-15 degrees + water= ?
if it sat with the idler in for even an hour could have froze put a salamander heater on it and warm it up for a while
flip the track back off and look at the slides for the idler roller usualy when the track comes off dirt can get in the slide after you compress the idler when you try to push it back out it is either jammed or frose. And if thats not the problem then ur that much closer to pulling the tentioner out! what part of sask u from ?
thanks Deeretime, i might try and throw a tarp and heater on it and make sure its not froze. from Wadena area ,
Our pneumatic grease gun runs off of our service truck compressor and I think it builds around 140lbs of pressure.
Thawed the trackframe out good and the track tightened up.This Hitachi came from B.C. and has a heavy duty logging package that seems to restrict the debris from falling away and cleaning so will have to keep that in mind when working in mud in freezing temperatures .thanks Sasman
Did you check your fitting yet? I doubt there is mud stopping it or causing it to freeze up. There isnt anything wedged inside the frame keeping it from extending is there? I havent seen one feeze up so far but i had all kinds of problems getting this one into the saddle yesterday and had to get some help today.....try pulling the fitting out and collapsing it and then fill it back up..
guess i should have looked at the 2nd page before responding huh...lol.
the seals are average on those thing if they arent serviced they either loose preasure or like people have said jam from either dirt, Id suggest track off idler out and see it the tensioner moves on its own from there.