Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi 225 main relief

Mobilewrench ยท 2024-07-08 23:31

FF01GFC113036 I need to replace the main relief valve on this machine because it is leaking. But the dealership keeps getting the wrong relief (I think). Apologies, I will be right back. All of the pics are on the mobile phone.

Replies11
  1. #1Mobilewrench2024-07-08 23:35

    This is what I originally ordered because I assumed that this machine and the zx200 were identical. But when I went to r&r the valve it did not work.

  2. #2Mobilewrench2024-07-08 23:37

    When I pulled it back out and compared it to the original it seemed different. This is the original.

  3. #3Mobilewrench2024-07-08 23:39

    This is the part I ordered.

  4. #4Mobilewrench2024-07-08 23:39
  5. #5Mobilewrench2024-07-08 23:49

    Sorry, first pic was pretty blurry. Second pic is the new valve and the tag off the old valve. What I assume is the part number (2111b-40327 on the new part and 2111b-40326 on the tag for the original). The second line of numbers seem to be a pressure range. 39.2-050 on the new part. 26.5-150 on the original.

  6. #6Mobilewrench2024-07-08 23:51
  7. #7Mobilewrench2024-07-08 23:53

    This seems to be the big difference.

  8. #8Mobilewrench2024-07-09 00:01

    Been through it a couple of times with the dealership. Looked at the parts pages myself and it always comes back as the part I ordered in the first place. The part number on the original valve is pretty useless in their system. But can anyone help me find this relief valve?

  9. #9Diesel Dave2024-07-09 09:25

    The numbers 39.2 on the new and 26.5 on the original are referring to the factory pressure setting (Mpa) of the circuit relief valves. I am going to assume that the machine has auxiliary plumbing, the original relief set at only 26.5 must be for the auxiliary function. Many different model Deere/ Hitachi OEM plumbing kits including the ZX225 used circuit releif part # 4309832 . The relief valve pressure setting is adjustable so you may want to verify what the original is set at.

  10. #10Mobilewrench2024-07-09 22:30

    Hey, thank you. I honestly cannot tell you why I had it in my head that the leaking relief was the main relief. When I read your reply and then looked at the machine, it was ridiculously obvious that it was the auxiliary relief. I don't know what to say. Some days I believe that I am God's gift to machinery troubleshooting... Some days I search Amazon for a blue vest so that I could be a greeter.

  11. #11mg23612024-07-10 05:11

    Don't sweat it. It gets worse the older you get . I can't tell you how many times I have checked my brains at the door