Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi

Liamg ยท 2017-12-03 23:59

I have recently bought a second had Hitachi EX33 (V I think, hard to read plate) Apart from move it to shelter under the trees It crawls slower than what I would have expected, (I previously had a 3.5T IHI so a little experience) I have not used it until today when this problem surfaced. I did try pressing a button on the RH joystick looking for faster track speed and not sure if this even did anything/what its supposed to do or if it is working nor if it is in a different state or back in same state than before I tried pushing it. My guess is that its just coincidental but I dont know. However the problem is that after a short crawl varying between about 50 m at first and after that about 5 - 10m crawls it just slows down as if the motor is seizing and nearly dies (its not seizing but similar behavior) Motor runs fine without working it or when lifting tracks off the ground. I thought I would ask people more knowledgeable for advise before I experiment more. Anyone have any suggestions please. Thanks Liam

Replies3
  1. #1uffex2017-12-05 08:57

    Good day Liamg Looking at the spec for the 33U it has an automatic transmission (We assume variable displacement motors) at minimum displacement the speed should be around 4.3Km/h at heavy going this will reduce to maximum displacement with a speed 2.8 Km/h this is most likely controlled by the pressure driving the motors. Suggest you check what pressure the system is using to drive the motors and compare with the spec for the machine. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2Liamg2017-12-05 15:08

    Thanks Uffex. Is there anywhere I can download specs/operators manual etc? I got some more time late yesterday and the problem seem to not be as bad and I am leaning more to some gunk or air in the fuel line. The problem also happened when working the bucket/arm, I noticed this only once or twice yesterday as well. The overall I am feeling a lot more relaxed about it and will try and get some time to walk it around the paddock again later on when I finish my work. I also worked out that what I thought may have been a speed control button was just a soft end cap that looked and felt like a waterproof control switch. I did find the track hi/low switch down on the side of the main dash next to the bucket release switch. I will update after I get some more track time. Really keen to get a service manual or anything along those lines if anyone has links or copies they are willing to share. Thanks

  3. #3uffex2017-12-06 12:08

    Good day Laing We do not have either manual of operators book for that particular machine but you can down load the spec. click on the link https://www.hitachicm.eu/machinery/excavators/mini-excavators/zx33u-5/ . We believe that the engine speed directly effects machine performance so we would recommend you make sure the motor is giving what it should. Kind reagrds Uffex