Hi all, We are in the market for a new excavator and have demo'd the Komatsu PC 360-10 and the Hitachi 350-5. We have owned Hitachi's for over 30 years and have had good success with them. Upon trying the Hitachi 350 we noticed it to be a very tippy machine, even more so than our 330's with the same bucket even though the machine weighs 5000 pounds more with a heavier undercarriage. The Komatsu on the other hand sat like a rock but was not quite as smooth for grading. We are seriously considering the Komatsu but it is not a popular machine in our area with very few machines out in the field. I know the Hitachi to be a reliable machine with a bullet proof Isuzu engine and a strong boom and stick. I don't know much about the longevity of the Kamatsu/Cummins engines but we have yet to rebuild an Isuzu with some clocking over 25-30,000 hrs. Can I expect that out of a Komatsu? Also the boom and stick are much thinner than the Hitachi and not sure how they will stand up over time. Can anyone with experience with Komatsu give some sort of idea as to how long the major components last? (Engine, cylinders, pumps, final drives, etc.) Thanks in advance,
Nobody????
Don't know about what part of Canada you are in but on Vancouver Island your pretty well out of luck for any kind of dealer support, heard nothing good for years. Just my $0.02 worth
I have another thread going on new wheel loaders not much response. I am also looking @ a new PC360-10 to purchase in spring hope you get a better response than me
Try the 360 dash 10 and I am sure you will have the next 30 years with great experience on komatsu machines
Well we purchased the Komatsu. We found the machine very stable, smooth and powerful. I hope it will stand up over time the way our Hitachi's have.
Try to post some photos or videos of the machine at work
Will do
your ez dig pro system hey dirt butcher, i saw your post on the ez dig pro. i would like to make you an offer you can contact me at 7 0 2 2 1 0 9 9 9 0 or austin at byrd underground dot com no spaces.