ZX200LC-3 *FF01U1Q203192* I have to replace an a/c compressor on this machine in the morning and for the life of me I can't remember what oil I am supposed to use.
PAG oil. Should be available at all the auto parts stores
Does it mention what viscosity of PAG oil.? I got into this with a Cat A/C compressor a few weeks ago and had the devil's own job tracking down the correct viscosity of PAG oil to use - not helped by Cat having discontinued selling PAG oil under their own Part Numbers. From my searches in that case I discovered there are three different viscosities of PAG oil: 50, 100, and 150. Eventually I found a recommendation "PROCURE ANY PAG 100 A/C LUBRICANT LOCALLY". This may or may not apply to your Hitachi compressor.
I usually use PAG46 in replacement compressors for automobiles, and equipment. Never have had one come back and it's about the most used viscosity in this area. Just make certain you have enough oil in that compressor before starting it out. If a Sanden type most have level plugs in the side and rotate the compressor clutch by hand to ensure it turns free so as to not "slug" the valves. Seen a few do that from too much oil installed.
I got that wrong above. On a Cat system the options are 46, 100, & 150. I thought when I wrote it that 50 sounded wrong.
Thanks guys. I thought it was pag 46 or 100.