Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi ABP sensor

chickenminer ยท 2021-09-19 22:40

Having some issues with my Hitachi EX200LC-3. Finally got my DrEX to work and it came up with a few fault codes. One of them is 36, about ABP sensor. Can anyone point me to where the ABP sensor is located on the machine !? Thanks !

Replies9
  1. #1mg23612021-09-20 05:30

    That is the arm in pressure sensor and should be mounted on the control valve arm spool cap, most likely the bottom.

  2. #2chickenminer2021-09-20 13:02

    Thanks ! Had not heard of the ABP sensor before and could not find it in the service manual !

  3. #3chickenminer2021-09-21 00:25

    mg2361 ... I can't find this ABP sensor in my parts book. Any idea what the part# is ? My 200LC-3 is ser# 14C-85826

  4. #4mg23612021-09-21 05:22

    I think I may have incorrect on the location of the sensor. Look in the compartment behind the cab there should be a rectangular block (shockless valve) with pilot hoses going to it. There are several sensors on that block and on of them should be the ABP sensor, I just don't know which one. The parts numbers for the sensors on that are are 4254563 or 4326876. If you follow the pilot lines from the arm spool cap back to the shockless valve you can probably figure out which sensor it is, then post a picture pointing it out and I then can probably narrow down the part number.

  5. #5LACHAU2021-09-21 09:49

    Hi all, I would like to contribute some ideas.

  6. #6LACHAU2021-09-21 09:52

    Due to forum's rules, I couldn't post 05 pictures per time!!

  7. #7mg23612021-09-21 11:55

    Now that is some good stuff!

  8. #8chickenminer2021-09-21 16:07

    MG & Lachau .... Excellent ! That helps me out greatly. Got it now. In the middle of a snow storm here, they are predicting 5" today. I'll hold tackling this for now

  9. #9James Patrick2021-10-08 18:26

    Gday all,this same sensor on my machine is dead,i don't think it's been working for quite a while by the looks,hitachi here want $520 for it,anyone know where I could get one at a reasonable price maybe in Australia,part number on sensor is denso 499000-0022,also could this faulty sensor cause travel to be slow and jerky when not using any other functions? Any ideas would be great...cheers James