Hello all, I used the search bar (and google) to try find an answer to this question but I can't seem to get a concrete answer. My current DR.EX connection cable has broken, or at least stopped working, it was for the old palm pilot Dr.EX. I am looking to upgrade to laptop based MPDr, and am wondering if I can use another DrEX cable (with USB end for laptop same as WinDr) or does it require its own specific cable? Thanks in advance, Bogfitter
Anyone?
If your cable has the 4 pin on one end and the USB on the other end I would think it would work. With MPDr you have to also set up the com port the cable uses. If it doesn't work then you will have to get the cable DS10052 (Deere P/N, $260 U.S. ...OUCH!). I would bet you could find this cable way cheaper somewhere.
Thanks very much for your reply, I have seen the cable advertised for cheaper but wanted to be sure it would work
It's very simple inside.
Excellent, thank you so much for those, it looks simple apart from the micro controller Have you any pointers for testing the cable to see where my problem lies? Regards Bogfitter
and ..... the other is even simpler!!!
As Mr.MG2361 said: "..you have to also set up the com port the cable uses" . On the other hand, you have to install ADAPTER's driver.
Hi LACHAU, do you have a circuit diagram for the cable? Do i have to change any settings on the serial port? I can’t seem to connect to the machine. I am using mpdr with a dr.EX/ZX cable. USB on one side and 4pin/6pin on the other side. Appears as COM3 on my computer.
How did this end in the end? Does the mpdr program work with a dr zx cable?
Did anyone have a circuit diagram for the cable? I previously used the MPdr cable from Deere and it was simply the 6 pin hitachi connector - 9 pin com and then com- usb. I have purchase the required connections and cables but need to know the pinout to assemble the 6 pin to com cable??
I too have the MPDr. program and own a Dr.EX Cable. Is there a way to wire the Dr.Ex Cable to the MPDr. style?? A picture or diagram would be great!
Where can I download the driver from?
I have a cable for You if needed. I think