Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi dr zx won’t communicate

j dirt ยท 2017-10-14 10:27

I've been having problems that seem to be electrical with my ex100-3. I bought one of the Chinese dr zx diagnostic tools, but I can't get it to work, always tells me there is a communication problem. I have read several threads about these things, some claim they are junk, others have had some luck with them. There is a common belief that the program is the problem, not the cord. It is the windows XP version, not the one with the palm pilot, instead it uses a palm pilot emulator on your laptop. There doesn't seem to be much in the way of support, I guess I got what I paid for. My machine has been sitting for a while. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies5
  1. #1town hoe2018-05-21 16:00

    hi jdirt did you remove the plastic extension on the plug on the excavatorwhere dr zx plugs in.that is what happened to me the first time i tried dr zx

  2. #292U 34062018-05-21 16:05

    Its been a while since I worked at the Hitachi dealer but if I'm not mistaken Dr ZX is for the Zaxis series. I think the EX series used something different for diagnostics. Not entirely sure since there was next to no EX series machines around here when I worked there, so we rarely worked on them.

  3. #3town hoe2018-05-21 16:26

    hi 92u3406 i have used my dr zx on my 120-3 and it works fine it a a palm version

  4. #4town hoe2018-05-21 16:35

    that is ex 120-3

  5. #5tool_king2018-05-21 19:23

    Dr ZX is the palm pilot version.It will work on both . You can also use Windr .