Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi EX 1 20–3 no power to control panel #2

Slam 99 · 2022-03-28 21:42

I have a Hitachi ex 1 20–3 I’m not getting power to control panel 2 the one that his track speed it will only track in turtle mood I have checked all the fuses they are good I have a manual throttle cable on it Any help would be appreciated

Replies8
  1. #1mg23612022-03-29 05:05

    Welcome to HEF Slam ! Your fuses may be good, but is the voltage getting to switch panel 2? Does the panel have a good ground?.

  2. #2Slam 992022-03-29 08:08

    Yes

  3. #3mg23612022-03-29 11:52

    There are two voltage supplies. You checked both?

  4. #4Slam 992022-03-29 12:51

    No I have no lights on control panel #2 none of the buttons respond and it is stuck in turtle mode track only everything else is fine I found a thread on here telling you how to read the codes on the computer my codes are 18-23-32

  5. #5mg23612022-03-30 05:18

    18 - Failure of the PVC 23 - Not listed, did you read this one correctly? 32 - Short circuit of the Temperature Sensor These codes will not affect your #2 panel. If you have voltage to pin's 1 and 2, good ground at pin 19, then I would suspect a bad switch #2 Switch Panel.

  6. #6Slam 992022-03-30 16:01

    Thanks yeah I’ll double check the codes and 23 was one of them when checking those pins is that at the harness going to control panel #2

  7. #7mg23612022-03-31 04:57

    Yes. When checking the voltages, do it by backprobing (carefully) the wires at the connector. Checking the open source voltages (connector disconnected) only shows voltage potential.

  8. #8mutti_wilson2022-04-03 00:41

    I had a similar issue on my machine. One corroded wire in a connector in the armrest was all it turned out to be.