Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi ex-120-2

Ldameroncompani ยท 2013-04-19 19:00

I have owned ths machine for four months and it has 4600 hours. Recently it started bogging down and / or cutting off when putting it under a load or bottoming out a function. Changed all fuel filters and cleaned all screens that I'm ware of. Mechanic came and checked machine out on computer and said hydraulics checked out fine. He suggested it was a bad head casket and so he checked compression. Two cylinders had 375 and two had 300. He wants to do a head job but I'm not any where near convinced this is the problem. If its not a fuel problem, I think it's got to be in the hydraulic system. Could a stopped up hydraulic filter cause this? I'm stranded on a job and need he machine fixed asap?Please someone help!

Replies3
  1. #1PD Mech Steve2013-04-20 11:54

    Hitachi Have you cleaned the thimble screen in the banjo fitting on the bottom of the transfer pump? Pretty certain there's one in there. Could also be just a plugged fitting somewhere or even a rag or something in the fuel tank. Steve. S.A. Dygert's. F/K/A PD Mechanical

  2. #2sk1202013-04-20 17:11

    Have a look at stopper lever on injector pump. Have seen electric stopper keeping cable pulled slightly causing this problem. I wouldn't go taking off head.

  3. #3kwnate2013-04-22 10:53

    I had similar symptoms recently due to water in the fuel tank/lines. Drained the water from the tank, lines, filters. Primed the pump and it's running great.