Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi ex 120-2 loss of hydro power

Anthony esposito ยท 2018-04-29 01:11

Hey guys new to four posting things in here so be kind. I have a hitachi ex 120-2 I need manuals for and I need to diagnose a problem I am having. When I start it for the first time of the day I have great Hydro power it digs and picks up a full bucket of dirt (1 yard) bucket. But here is where I have the issue after about 30min the hydro power starts to get sluggish and then an hour in and I can't pick the bucket up at all until I shut down for an hour or more. Then it works for 30 min or less so I just shut her down and trying to figure it out. If y'all have a copy of manules that would be awesome I need all of them. She is acting like there is a release valve that is staying open and letting the oil by pass back to the tank after it gets hot.

Replies2
  1. #1HydraulicGuy2018-06-05 12:32

    Just scrolling through and saw this. To me it sounds like a worn pump. Cold fluid will now bypass internally on worn components as much as hot fluid will. Did you ever find the solution to this problem?

  2. #2GregsHD2018-06-06 01:46

    Does it bog the engine severly? Lots of black smoke out the exhaust? Or slight load and low pressure? I never saw the original post until it got bumped.