Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

hitachi ex 120-2 slow swing and travel

tntdozer ยท 2014-02-19 23:25

I have an ex 120-2 . the travel and swing is very slow and all other functions are working fine.the swing and travel will speed up a little if one of the other functions are thrown into relief . can someone please tell me what my problem is or at least where to start looking.

Replies9
  1. #1ANDREW C2014-02-20 00:59

    Although Ive never worked on a dash two please read through this

  2. #2reggierobo2014-02-20 08:13

    Good day sir, I am in a bit of a problem with my ex-120 machine. The issues began when there was some repairs being done to it which include Arc welding. Since that time all functions began to engage all at once. The machine was able to articulate fine, but as I said the boom will engage automatically when commanded to track and vice- versa. Since that time, 2 years now, I have not been able to get anyone competent to diagnose the problem and the machine has been sitting.various parts has also been stolen from it. I would greatly appreciate if someone could guide me in the proper direction to troubleshoot and repair my machine. Will the shop manual bee help to me? what about those electronic diagnostic machines, do they work? Where do I begin with this mess? I Live in the Commonwealth of Dominica and Parts are not only scarce, they are also extremely expensive so I am being as cautious as possible in my spending. Thanks in advance for your response Reggie

  3. #3jjfarms2014-03-04 22:10

    Check the pilot pressure on the solenoids should be 398 on the propel solenoid. or remove and clean the solenoid spools, they are probably stuck, the propel solenoid is the top middle one. Ohm your solenoids should ohm about 23 give or take 5 ,

  4. #4jjfarms2014-03-04 22:16

    Sounds like you may have fried the pump controler ( computer for pump) , if you did not unhook it and battery cables before welding on the machine??

  5. #5daddieboy2014-08-18 00:00

    Hey I am from Grenada and recently finish working on my ex200-2 so if you need some help here is my address [email protected]

  6. #6bugzvd2014-10-28 10:45

    @ daddieboy just like to know if you already had experience in converting ex200-2 to manual..taking out the computer box in hydrulics,then installing some kits in exchange of those various censors??? :dizzy

  7. #7bugzvd2014-10-28 10:53
  8. #8daddieboy2014-10-31 07:42

    Hey I did install a manual regular once but I did get and good response from it the block which replaces the high speed solenoid valve was not working so i replace the electrical system on my machine

  9. #9bugzvd2014-10-31 11:47

    so theres still need a total modification in electrical system?