Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi ex 120-3 hydro problem

Slleggio · 2025-04-13 11:13

Anyone have any info on hydro slow downs after 20-30 min. of operation ?

Replies16
  1. #1Diesel Dave2025-04-13 19:23

    Welcome to HEF @Slleggio . You can check for fault codes using the red LED on the PVC controller behind the seat. See the link to an older thread below. Post #14 shows how to enable the self diagnostic which sets an LED flash sequence, (if there are any codes). HeavyEquipmentForums . . The PVC is the bottom controller and EC is the top controller. Ignore the light on the EC. if there are any codes ,the LED on the PVC will blink in a pattern of long and or short sequence. An Ex120-3 service manual # KM135E00 will come in very handy to help understanding the systems and troubleshooting.

  2. #2Slleggio2025-04-14 17:26

    Where would the lights be

  3. #3Slleggio2025-04-15 17:06

    thank you diesel Dave. I have a yearly 90’s machine and I don’t see any lights on the pvc or ec so should they have them? I do see the plug zip ties behind the right arm rest. My brother in law had worked on a little newer one that had them on the side of them, and also my harness plugs are on the seat side

  4. #4Diesel Dave2025-04-15 17:13

    Before we go much further , can you post a picture of the top of the hydraulic pump.

  5. #5Diesel Dave2025-04-15 17:40

    The light on the EC is in roughly the same location as the PVC .

  6. #6Slleggio2025-04-15 18:04

    It’s a bent pump

  7. #7Slleggio2025-04-15 18:05

    And I do not have lights on the top like that one

  8. #8Diesel Dave2025-04-15 18:09

    Double check the machine model #. You have a machine serial # ?

  9. #9Slleggio2025-04-15 18:11

    Your rite I wiped off the dust and I see them.

  10. #10Slleggio2025-04-15 18:13

    And the light is blinking 1 time

  11. #11Diesel Dave2025-04-15 18:19

    Did you do the procedure in post #2 yet ?

  12. #12Slleggio2025-04-15 18:45

    Not yet.

  13. #13Slleggio2025-04-15 18:46

    I’ll have to do that to see what kind of codes I get then go from there

  14. #14Slleggio2025-04-15 18:50

    My local JD dealer said it’s a gray market machine because they couldn’t get me parts for the swing motor from the serial #. So I don’t know if that makes a difference with anything.

  15. #15Diesel Dave2025-04-15 19:05

    Shouldn’t make too much difference. Is your machine serial # prefix 12V ?

  16. #16Slleggio2025-04-18 17:52

    Sorry diesel Dave for the delay but yes my machine is a 12v prefix. I haven’t had the time to check for codes yet.