Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi EX 200LC-2 (Online Parts,Manuals, Deere Equivalent?)

Mainiac89 ยท 2019-02-19 15:25

Hello Gents, Brandon here. I recently purchased a 1996 Hitachi EX200LC-2 machine to do some land clearing for a new home. My father in law owns a large construction company but uses mostly CAT's and Kobelco so he's not much help with my machine. It currently has a manual thumb which I plan to add hydraulic controls and a cylinder to. It also needs some minor service work (pins bushings, fixing oil leaks, etc) 1. I am looking for an online parts search site and have been unsuccessful so far. Does one exist for Hitachi or Deere Excavators? 2. Which John Deere Model would compare to the 1996 EX200-2? During my reading on this forum i have found that sometimes Hitachi and Deere built the same excavators with different model numbers and the parts are interchangeable. Is that the case for this model as well? 3. Even if i have to search my own manuals to find the part numbers is there a good place online to price check/purchase directly. Many Thanks! Great Forum.

Replies31
  1. #1jonno6342019-02-19 20:55

    I figured someone that knew should reply... but since no one has, I have a (1996) JD 892E and its equilivant to a Hitachi EX300LC-3 machine I believe.

  2. #2excavator2019-02-19 23:04

    Deere/Hitachi machines were comparable except for the 200 size. For what ever reason Deere continued to make the 690 which is completely different than the Hitachi 200. You can still get Hitachi parts from Deere and I believe their new parts website lists the Hitachi parts manuals. I will have to check on that.

  3. #3excavator2019-02-19 23:06

    Yes, I just checked the Deere parts site, type in EX200LC-2 and it comes up.

  4. #4mg23612019-02-20 04:39

    Click below. https://partscatalog.deere.com

  5. #5Mainiac892019-02-20 10:43

    Thanks for the reply guys. Go figure i bought the only machine that doesn't have a comparable Deere machine as well. When i add parts to the shopping cart it doesn't give me a price or availability for my dealer. Is this the case with everyone dealers? What does everyone do, fill their cart and send the list to their local parts guys for pricing? I am piecing together the hydraulics to change over my thumb from Manual to Hydraulic and looking for pricing on the hard lines for the boom. If they are cheap enough i will purchase through Deere. If not im going to use 1" hydraulic tubing and EO-JIC fittings to build the lines myself.

  6. #6excavator2019-02-20 11:33

    To get prices you have to be set up with your local dealer, usually not a big thing. Just make your own lines as Deere/Hitachi did not come from the factory with a thumb so no lines available there.

  7. #7Mainiac892019-02-20 13:21

    Best place to source the material for the lines? hydraulic shop? Should be just a standard 1" steel line with minimum 3,000 psi rating correct? I plan to use Stauff clamps to secure them to the boom and hose jumpers at the knuckle, boom tip, and MCV? I don't see an issue with this do you?

  8. #8excavator2019-02-21 00:58

    Sounds good and yes, a hydraulic shop should be able to help you out. The only thing I'd probably change is going with a little heavier tube since you're planning to do some land clearing. I know nothing is supposed to hit the boom but....

  9. #9tool_king2019-02-21 19:32

    Shoot me a pm .

  10. #10tool_king2019-02-23 16:49

    I just emailed you the parts and service manuals with a few other helpful books .

  11. #11Mainiac892019-02-23 16:59

    Just got the email. Thanks Tool_King! very much appreciated.

  12. #12EZ Repair2019-03-17 22:21

    Hello tool_king, I'm new to the forum and have a Hitachi EX200-2 with electrical problems, I think. could I please get a copy or picture of location of dr.zx/dr.ex connector also what software version for dr.zx connect to ex200-2, also any reference will be nice email is [email protected] , thanks in advance

  13. #13tool_king2019-03-17 22:54

    Take look at your fuse panel .It will be a white four pin female connection. I will get a picture and send it to you .You can use Windr to connect to it .

  14. #14EZ Repair2019-03-18 00:44

    thanks for the quick response, here is a picture of the back of the seat.

  15. #15EZ Repair2019-03-18 00:47

    I only happen to have the palmOS emulator which I don't really know how to use, do you have a copy of the windr?

  16. #16phoenix05092019-03-26 21:47

    Tool King- I am helping my son troubleshoot some electrical problems? with Hitachi ex200-2 1992, Can you help me with manuals for this machine please. diagnostics were done by experienced technician and said one of the controllers was bad (part Engine Controller EC 9104912) this part was replaced today, which brought back hydraulics, however the throttle buttons were not active and key would not shut down machine). appreciate any help . [email protected] Thanks, David

  17. #17Jakex1202019-03-27 00:40

    Ha..seeing that pic reminds me of my busted pilot hyd lines and the ordeal to replace them last fall..hard to believe you're looking at twelve hidden hydraulic hoses..

  18. #18EZ Repair2019-03-27 06:40

    @ phoenix0509 You can check the shutdown relay behind the left armrest.

  19. #19EZ Repair2019-03-27 06:48

    Here is a description of the relays

  20. #20phoenix05092019-04-22 13:07

    EZ Repair: Many Thanks. I purchased the palm version with Dr.ZX software and interface cable. I gave this to my son to start testing Hitachi EX-200-2 and will give him information you sent. I am now working on a back-up Windows 7 laptop testing method for him. I loaded the WinDR software provided by Toolking but the software does not appear to open. (it loaded fine). So I decided to try MaintenancePro Dr (mpdr) software. I am looking for this software if you have a source. Again, Many Thanks, I am sorry to be late in Thanking you.

  21. #21tool_king2019-04-23 12:07

    Call me at 908-305-8457. Email me a screen shot of the laptop to [email protected] . thanks Ed

  22. #22phoenix05092019-04-23 15:46

    Ed; Many Thanks for helping me out. I have the Palm Pilot version working ok, will let you know once my son hooks it up to Hitachi ex200-2 1992. I loaded the WinDR software on a Windows 7 laptop aand it seemed to load fine, but will not open. The MPDR software I have not purchased yet, will let you know. Many Thanks, hopefully I can get WinDR software to work. I will send you a screen shot of the files that loaded. Thanks

  23. #23excavator2019-04-23 20:59

    I'd be interested as to where you purchase MpDr and what it costs.

  24. #24phoenix05092019-04-23 21:35

    Excavator: I saw the MP Dr (MaintenancePro Dr) on Aliexpress.com, check it out. let me know what you think. Thanks

  25. #25Hurricaneplumbing2019-06-21 17:44

    Hi @Tool-king I saw a post from 2014 you gave a guy info on changing the control pattern from cat to Deere on a hitachi ex200 Lc3 mine is a 1994 if you can email me any info that would be great Thank You Jerry [email protected]

  26. #26tool_king2019-06-23 21:30

    I emailed the manuals with pattern control lay out .

  27. #27piercefire2019-11-05 07:26

    Hi @ToolKing would u mind sending me that manual with Pattern Layout also. I have EX200lc-3 machine also. I am in dire need of it . Thank you very much in advance

  28. #28piercefire2019-11-05 07:29

    my email is [email protected]

  29. #29tool_king2019-11-05 08:12

    Manuals emailed to you .

  30. #30piercefire2019-11-05 08:41

    @tool_king do you know which ports i need to swap ? is it in the pilot valve block? i cant not find it in the manual. thank you

  31. #31tool_king2019-11-09 22:14

    You need to switch them on the pilot block.But on the function side not the joystick side .I will take look to see what page it is on . Pm you phone number must easier to explain on phone. Take some pictures of the manifold .It should not right behind the can behind the panel.