Hi Folks, Does anyone have a photo of one diode on this machine clearly showing the wire colours going to each of the two diode terminals? If anyone can post a pic and tell me excactly which diode is photograghed (the one next to Batt regulator is probably easiest to access), I could then relate to one line diagram and get the idea on how to install and wire up the other 6 # diodes which have been cut out!!! Thanks to any who can help. JCB (I know.....wrong initials for an EX100 & CAT owner!!)
Well folks, I have been working on and off this problem since the digger stopped on me in May 2015. The symptom was as follows, working away fine and suddenly the hydraulics failed/slowed, I stopped engine and that was it for 4 years. I live on a remote Scottish island sogetting help is not an option. I assumed it was hydraulic or electrical because of the way it stopped. Checked EC & PVC units, , all flashing fine, fuses. I went through a load of checks, every electrical cables run for continuity, changed all the diodes (JIC), new battery relay and fuseible links, etc. Checked hydraulic pump, cleaned hydraulic tank, changed all hyd oil n filters, removed and checked the spool valves, replaced all O rings on Spools and checks vlves etc, changed pump solenoids, changed N sensor and oil pressure switch...... Nothing worked. I finally decided I'd had enough and was just going to scrap it, but, the one last thing to try was change out the DP (Differential Pressure) sensor, I bought a cheapo from China..................and hallelujah! All working tickety now. So, maybe try changing out your DP sensor first..... if it happens to your Hitachi.Maybe it will work for you too? All the best folks and hope it helps someone and saves such heartache!?
Perhaps if you post this with a DIFFERENT HEADING it could help someone else.
Hi North60John I found your reply while scrolling down through these ex100-2 posts. My hydraulics slowed down to a complete crawl to where the machine can barely move. I’ve tried a lot like yourself and am now thinking of replacing DP sensor. Question when you lost your function-ability did it happen all at once to all functions? Mine seems to be worse with the boom all the way out, sometimes when I giggle the bucket the boom acts like it gains power back for a split second. Do you recall any symptoms like this?