Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi EX100-2 Won’t throttle up

fliper ยท 2015-01-11 15:52

Hi, New to this forum so hopefully somebody might be able to help me. My EX100-2 will start and tick over but will not rev up on any mode. The lights for the I,L,E,P modes will change but I get no response from the digger. I have checked all the fuses and all seem okay. From what I can see there is no power going to the stepper motor as I can move it with my hand. I have checked all connections and cannot see any loose connections or loose wires. The red lights on the 2 ECU's are flashing. I would really appreciate any help as I am at a loss at this stage.

Replies7
  1. #1Slam 992015-01-11 19:05

    I have a ex 120-3 I've been having problems with myself. I can tell you from me experience check the ec moter relay for power (black wire with white tracer) It's the 2ed from the right. I had power at the fues box but not at the relay

  2. #2fliper2015-01-13 16:18

    Thanks Slam 99, I have checked it out and I have power coming to that relay. I have also swapped it out with another relay but no different. Would appreciate any other ideas from yourself or other users regarding this.

  3. #37379df2015-02-14 07:56

    I have an ex 300 doing same thing... only its random.. sometimes it works fine and other times it will only spool up half of what its supposed to on any mode. All lights are working fine. I was assuming I would have to replace the electric motor or take it apart and see what I could find. Anyone else chime in on this subject ?

  4. #4d4c24a2015-02-14 15:28

    manual you can get kits to convert them to a manual throttle http://www.alibaba.com/hitachi-ex100--2-conversion-kit-suppliers.html

  5. #5d4c24a2015-02-14 15:30

    you could try these mate http://www.cullionplant.co.uk/

  6. #6joeblow2015-02-14 16:29

    Try turning the key to off and then back to on without starting machine.Then press the "P" button on the panel and you should hear the throttle motor spool up to high and then back to low.This is a quick reset. There is also a throttle position sensor attached to the motor with a little rubber gear cogged to the motor.The gear sometimes strips a couple of teeth off and it will not tell the computer where the throttle is. Or if all else fails you can pin the throttle at the motor with a M8 bolt. Check the harness back to the cab and all the connectors to the switch board and the computer . The dash 2 were a grey market machine that came with a lot off little glitches that can drive you nuts and were hard to diagnose.Save your self some grief and put in a manual throttle kit. The lights on the ecu's will give you a code (short and long dashes )but unless you have a manual they are pretty much useless. .

  7. #7Deere tech2015-02-21 15:26

    I agree with joe. If the cable from the throttle motor to the injection pump isnt seized then its most likely a bad throttle motor, or possibly a wiring issue. Either way a manual throttle is the best and most reliable way to go...