Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi ex100-3

Darreng · 2021-01-23 16:11

Hi I’ve a hitachi ex 100-3 giving abit of bother. It seems to have plenty of power but Hydraulics is slow(boom dipper and bucket) tracking and slewing not bad.. from what I can understand the pump doesn’t seem to be increasing itself... swapped the wires around on the solinoids on top of the pump and it fast then but stalling digger... any help appreciate thanks

Replies55
  1. #1mg23612021-01-24 05:24

    Welcome to HEF Darreng ! Sounds like a bad pump displacement solenoid. Instead of swapping the wires, swap the solenoid assemblies, that would confirm it.

  2. #2Darreng2021-01-24 09:20

    Thanks hey it’s a good set up Aye I’ll try that later if I get a few minutes.. noticed to that when you stop using the machine the pump doesn’t seem to be going back to neutral as the engine starts vibrating.

  3. #3Darreng2021-01-25 08:37

    Didn’t swap them yet but tested for power at the solenoids but no power when digger is running even when your using the machine... have power for about 8/10sec when you turn on the key but disappears then... I am right in saying that the speed sensor sends the signal back to the brain to activate the relay to send the power to the solenoids? It got a new speed sensor and did a beep tested on wires back to the cab any thing I’m missing?

  4. #4mg23612021-01-25 12:26

    I do not have service information or schematics for that machine so I am guessing a little here based on other models. If I am not mistaken there should be voltage to the solenoids anytime the key is on, engine running or not. If you leave the solenoids plugged in and key on (engine off), then gently backprobe the wires you should see battery voltage at all 4 wires. Battery voltage is supplied to those solenoids through the pump control relay then the controller controls the ground to those solenoids. They will not control the ground until the engine is running. If you have no voltage check your fuses. I think you want the one labeled ec motor fuse. That fuse should be power to the ec motor relay and the pump control relay. If the fuse is good then check that pump control relay. It should be behind the seat near the pump and valve controller. When you are looking at the row of relays I think it will be the second one from the left.

  5. #5Darreng2021-01-25 13:02

    Yes found that relay earlier aye it is the 2nd from the left behind the seat and probed it had power at 2 points on that plug... turn on the key (engine off) and had a earth on that plug for 8/10 seconds again and when went away...

  6. #6tool_king2021-01-25 16:05

    Darreng and mg2361 what you guys email ? I can sent you the work shop, tech,parts and operation manuals .

  7. #7Darreng2021-01-25 16:07

    [email protected] thanks

  8. #8tool_king2021-01-25 19:17

    You are welcome .Manuals on the way to you.

  9. #9mg23612021-01-26 04:33

    I PM'd you.

  10. #10mg23612021-01-26 04:44

    Make sure all your fuses are good, especially the 1 amp fuse for the PV controller. Power to the relay is unswitched so it has potential there all time. The earth is controlled by the PVC. You don't actually need it to do that. You could change the unswitched voltage to a switched voltage source to the relay (terminal #1) using maybe the F10 fuse which I believe is an empty space in the fuse box, then run the earth side of the relay (terminal #2) to a good earth. Worth a try to see if that works.

  11. #11Darreng2021-01-26 10:38

    Checked there this morning again when I crossed power manually to the pump solenoids at the relay connector in the cab the earth to the relay stayed so I back probed the plugs at the pump and had 24v at both.. would I be right in saying that pvc gets sum signal back from the solenoids? What tells the pump to angle/increase pressure?

  12. #12tool_king2021-01-26 11:58

    Emailed both of you the manuals.

  13. #13mg23612021-01-26 12:07

    The differential pressure (DP) sensor receives two hydraulic pressures. One pressure is pump supply and one is load sense pressure. The load sense pressure is the highest work port pressure after the control valve. The DP sensor provides an input of the difference of these two pressures to the PVC which uses this information to decide if there is a demand for oil. The computer can calculate pump flow using two inputs, engine speed and pump swash angle. It can calculate pump torque from pump swash angle and pump output pressure. These two values are then used for some of the control systems.

  14. #14mg23612021-01-26 12:07

    Thank you tool_king!

  15. #15Darreng2021-01-26 12:15

    Aye I got the manuals thanks tool_king there was a manual conversion kit tryed on this machine but the return form the valve chest wouldn’t regulate the pump.. could there be a problem in the valve chest that not giveing the dp sensor the right information?

  16. #16tool_king2021-01-26 12:30

    Welcome . Anytime .

  17. #17Darreng2021-01-28 19:29

    Hi guys Checked a few more things. Checked all wiring from from dp, angle, p and solenoids to the pvc all’s good.. check dp setting and checked voltage as the machines move and dp sensor seems to be sensing change in pressure as the volts changes on oil demand.. re adjusted angle sensor it’s sending out signals seems ok.. did a blink test and codes 4,5and 22 came up.. all this is pointing me towards the PVC or EC

  18. #18mg23612021-01-29 12:07

    The manuals tool_king sent me did not open. Plus I am not real familiar with that particular model. I am just going off similar models. My suggestion would be to reach out to LACHAU. He has a wealth of information on theses machines.

  19. #19Darreng2021-01-29 12:51

    Aye mines didn’t open either.. how do I get in contact with him ?

  20. #20mg23612021-01-29 17:43

    Click on his username, then start a conversation.

  21. #21mg23612021-02-02 04:53

    I don't think a 120 will work on a 100, but not sure. Did you contact @LACHAU like I mentioned in the previous post above?

  22. #22Darreng2021-02-02 16:01

    Was looking at it today again.. with it’s own pvc error code 22 comes up.. it’s got 24v at pump and sending signal to pdsv 1 but no signal to 2... and hydraulics is slow... With the other pvc (120-3) same code 22 coming up hydraulics is fast in full pump and no 24volts to pump

  23. #23shopguy2021-02-02 19:45

    Unplug the solenoids and test the harnesses for 24v on the left wire (I think) with the clip up key on and 0v key off Make sure the solenoid plugs are not crossed the tech book is very confusing about which solenoid is 1 and 2 and what they do.Mg nailed it with how the power gets to the solenoid,if you are getting codes by blink test just remove your jumper with the key on to clear codes same as unplugging DR X

  24. #24Darreng2021-02-02 19:49

    Aye I ave 24v in the left wire.. what clip? Yeah I checked that there Not crossed solenoid 1 is the outside one right?

  25. #25shopguy2021-02-02 20:10

    I don’t have my book here, do you know which one strokes and destrokes the pump for sure?

  26. #26Darreng2021-02-02 20:12

    The one closest to the door destrokes the pump and inside on strokes it..

  27. #27shopguy2021-02-02 20:49

    So unplugged key on they both have 24v on the left wire and ground on the right on the destroke and no ground on the stroke ?

  28. #28Darreng2021-02-02 20:55

    Yes no ground on the stroke plug.. if they are unplugged the 24v will drop off after 8/10 seconds but stays when pluged in.. ever have issues with the earths in the cab

  29. #29shopguy2021-02-02 21:10

    Not really in cab,see if that earth on destroke goes away key off

  30. #30Darreng2021-02-02 21:12

    Where is all earthing points for cab? Yes I think it does but I’ll check it out again in the morning

  31. #31shopguy2021-02-02 21:24

    Not sure but most all of them go through the pvc then to earth

  32. #32Darreng2021-02-03 14:07

    Still showing code 22 checked wired to solenoids all seems good and valves are working can’t find any-problem there.. there is one pressure switch faulty behind the cab but from what I understand then don’t have anything todo with controling the pump am I right?? And there’s a sensor of some kind on the dipper supply pipe coming of the valve chest any one know what that is or what it’s for ?

  33. #33Darreng2021-02-10 19:10

    Hey guys got a lend of a Angel sensor and tryed it on the digger it went well for a while but now back slow again.. any ideas why it done that?

  34. #34LACHAU2021-02-11 09:12

    First, I would like to talk about how the main pump of the EX100-3 INCREASES or REDUCES FLOW rate. Note that: PUMP displacement solenoid valve is high speed solenoid valve, they only operate in ON-OFF.

  35. #35LACHAU2021-02-11 09:30

    The Angle sensor (A-Sensor) is mechanically linked to the pump valve plate. It converts its physical position to a voltage signal and sends this signal to the controller (PVC). So that we also have to check the mechanical linkage.

  36. #36Darreng2021-02-11 10:13

    What’s the best way to check the angle linkage? and if that’s all good could it be a fault in the pvc itself??

  37. #37LACHAU2021-02-11 10:35

    It's easy to check whether PVC's working normal or not. You can look at the RED LED on top of PVC. Take-out A-sensor==> operate any function==> look at the hole on pump. Also take this opportunity to examine the main pump solenoid valve.

  38. #38Darreng2021-02-11 10:43

    The led on the pvc flashes 1 second on and 1 second off and so on.. I done the lamp test on the solenoids on solenoid no 2 it blinks when u start the digger but nothing after that... no 1 blinks aswell must check see I the A sensor linkage is ok now...

  39. #39Darreng2021-03-04 19:02

    Got a new pvc computer for the machine and going good now. only wee problem now is the movements are a bit snappy and seems to load the engine a little? Would it be angle sensor not set correctly?

  40. #40mg23612021-03-05 04:47

    Yep. Check this thread. HeavyEquipmentForums

  41. #41Darreng2021-10-11 11:22

    Hi guys back with another problem… the machine seems to be loading the pump to much and stalls when hold over relief. Dp sensor seems to be ok sway out angle sensor no difference.. keeps flashing up error code 35? Anyone any info on why it’s flashing this code up

  42. #42mg23612021-10-11 12:05

    35 = Short circuit in the arm in pressure sensor or it's wiring.

  43. #43Darreng2021-10-11 12:21

    And how does that sensor effect the digger?

  44. #44James Patrick2021-10-11 21:30

    Gday Darren,search ABP sensor there is a thread here LACHAU explains it well... Cheers James

  45. #45mg23612021-10-12 04:50

    I think James is referring to this one: HeavyEquipmentForums

  46. #46Darreng2021-10-12 15:06

    Do yous know which wire on the pvc side of the harness is the signal wire coming form this sensor? I hooked up the multimeter to the signal wire *** from the sensor and it shows 4.9v all the time doesn’t seem to change anything when your operating the machine

  47. #47mg23612021-10-13 04:36

    Terminal #24

  48. #48Darreng2021-10-15 17:00

    Ok must check this out.. what’s best way to clear the codes to see what comes back up?

  49. #49mg23612021-10-16 06:02

    Don't know without diagnostic software. The way the codes get cleared is having the diagnostic software plugged into the machine and communicating with the key on, then unplug the diagnostic tool for 1-2 seconds, then plug it back in. You could try disconnecting the battery and reconnecting. I don't know if that would work to be honest.

  50. #50Darreng2021-10-17 07:07

    Tryed disconnecting the battery but didn’t work.. I just did the same as you said todo with the diagnostic computer but I did it with the the cross wire and it work for me… Got the digger going again hope it’s stays going now.. I changed one of the displacement valves on the pump. Cleared the codes and the only code that keeps coming up is 35. I Checked the voltage at that ABP sensor and it shows 4.9 volts coming out of the sensor all the time and goes up to 5.1v when bita pressure. When you are grading with the digger and trying to take the bucket in level and u go to raise the boom arm she gets abit jumpy I was woundering is this sensor effecting this?

  51. #51mg23612021-10-17 08:59

    Probably.

  52. #52Darreng2021-10-17 09:03

    Would the volts at the sensor go up with pressure at the sensor or go the other way? It doesnt seem to be the sensor cause I swapped it with the one behind the cab

  53. #53Darreng2021-10-17 11:29

    You don’t have a digram of the plug on the pvc showing this terminal

  54. #54mg23612021-10-18 04:49

    Yep I PM"d you

  55. #55magsi2025-12-24 18:15

    Please send me [email protected] Thanks in advance