Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi EX100-3 Electric Relay Questions

bdward ยท 2021-04-14 20:44

On the EX100-3 wiring diagram the EC Motor Relay should have constant 24V power at #1 & 3 contacts of the relay. I have voltage at the 5 amp fuse but nothing at the relay. Is there a switched routing I'm missing or a potential break in the wiring? My EC motor isn't working. Can someone provide me with the diagnostic voltage &/or ohm readings on the motor/sensor/& EC harnesses so I can decide which rabbit trail to run down. If I install a manual cable throttle and abandon the EC motor, is there any feedback problems to the controller that would affect the pump operation? By the manual the #2 relay is a Pump Control Relay. I can't find any reference to it on the wiring diagram. Did they change this model to direct power to the pump control solenoid valve? Is that #2 relay doing something with the pump or something else? Thanks for your help.

Replies2
  1. #1mg23612021-04-15 05:54

    Wiring or a bad splice in the wiring. You need to solve this issue before proceeding with any further throttle repairs. Bottom right of the schematic is where the pump control relay is located (between the PVC and the Pump).

  2. #2bdward2021-04-15 11:55

    I have a schematic for a 120-3 which shows layout as you've stated. I was looking at the "official" CD manual provided by the dealer for the EX100-3. Looking back I see that the wiring diagrams in that CD are for a EX60-3, so that might be the discrepancy. As to the relay, I'm going to hot wire the relay through a 5 amp fuse and see what happens. Thanks