Hi, I have an ex120-2 and the I L E P buttons and corresponding lights are not working. When I key on, it starts in I and then immediately jumps to P. Pressing any of the buttons does nothing. Pressing the up and down arrows do nothing. In addition, I can tell you the EC motor is running constantly. Meaning it is moving the full range of the throttle cable then clicks back and pulls it out again and this happens non stop as soon as the key is in the on position. I've tried the "learning" procedure. That doesn't do anything. Any help would be appreciated as it will not run currently. With that all said, is there some "Sweet" spot to keep the engine at least idling so that we could move the machine somewhere? Right now the engine will start for a moment and die.
I’m new to troubleshooting my -3 machine but did you check the codes? 4 screws to remove the cover The EC is on the top. The PVC is on the bottom Key off , jump out the 2 pins in the connector. Turn the key on and count the blinks on the PVC.
Yes, thank you for that suggestion, but we have and there are no codes. The EC Controller is also new.
First, I took my excavator for repair to Scotty at Elliott & Frantz in King of Prussia, PA. They were able to fix all the issues and I wanted to share that information here for future reference. This post was about the throttle control issues. This was apparently a "simple" fix. My understanding was that two wires in the pump access area were simply plugged into the wrong things. I was under the impression all of the connectors in that area were unique and that wasn't the case. So this was the "fix" to the fact that the engine control motor was running non stop and that the throttle controls would select anything from the ILEP menu. Once corrected, he simply did the engine learning which consists of key on, press P, wait 10 seconds, key off. Find my other posts regarding the slow hydraulics.