Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi EX120-5 Pattern Control Changer

bdward ยท 2017-08-20 00:07

I have a grey market EX120-5 with a 4 position Kawasaki brand pattern control changer installed. Position "Y" is standard "Cat" control but the other three K,M,H are Asian standards we don't see in North America. I would like to modify it so one of the positions is "John Deere" style. Is anyone familiar with this pattern changer and attempted any modifications. I'd be happy if I could find a schematic showing the hydraulic line layout or access to a parts book. There are some letters stamped at each port. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1tantoy2018-01-09 11:14

    Bdward, I have exact same question. Were you able to make one position john deere controls? Thanks

  2. #2bflobil2018-03-31 20:33

    Have the same changer.....my brother and I just did some trial and error after studying it for a while. We did change hoses at the pattern changer as they seemed to be the easiest to swap. One position is John Deere, the others are useless. Because of the internal makeup of that changer I don't think you can get both cat and deere.

  3. #3tantoy2018-04-02 11:21

    bflobil, I tried the same and came to same conclusion. I ended up changing the pilot hoses under the cab to get jd pattern.