Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi ex120-5 slow hydraulics (limp mode)

anton_baydak · 2024-04-11 20:34

I got a ex120-5 a year ago with 11k hours. It ran strong till I parked it for few months. Now everything is slow tracks arm movements. The engine rpm works great. The turtle button never worked it was always one speed. I tried to read the ecu codes manually by connecting 2 top ports from a 4 port diagnostic connector by the fuse box. It blinks 8 times then pause then 9 then 8 then 9 on repeat. What does that mean?

Replies10
  1. #1LACHAU2024-04-12 07:46

    Welcome to HEF. I suggest you try as following image attached.

  2. #2anton_baydak2024-04-12 17:43

    What does perform retrial B mean. Is this the sensor. They are talking about? Because I can’t find angle sensor for 120-5

  3. #3LACHAU2024-04-12 23:43

    To do RETRIAL B you must have a tool called Dr.EX or Dr.ZX. See the attached file for more details. To buy A sensor (angle sensor), let go to Ebay. US Angle Sensor 4444902 for Hitachi Excavator EX120-2 EX120-3 EX200-2 EX200-3 | eBay Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for US Angle Sensor 4444902 for Hitachi Excavator EX120-2 EX120-3 EX200-2 EX200-3 at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products! www.ebay.com

  4. #4anton_baydak2024-04-12 23:54

    My 120-5 does not have that. I looked everywhere

  5. #5LACHAU2024-04-13 02:48

    According to the photos you provided, your device is for the Japanese domestic market. I see you registered with the forum as you are in Washington. I didn't know there were Hitachi excavator for the Japanese domestic market in Washington!

  6. #6anton_baydak2024-04-13 16:33

    Thanks for all of the info. I have the parts ordered. I’ll let you know how it goes

  7. #7anton_baydak2024-04-16 12:25

    No difference

  8. #8anton_baydak2024-04-16 12:26

    I swapped the sensors and no difference. Also checked the connectors with a volt meter and no power coming to them

  9. #9Zewnten2024-04-17 18:50

    I'd bet that is your problem. Start tracing the wires back and looked for chewed one.

  10. #10HitachiGuy2024-04-23 23:15

    T in gauges to the hoses that go to the back of the regulators . Should see pressure increase when moving the controls. If no pressure increases check the solenoids for gumming up inside . Can always bypass the solenoids