Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi EX120 Aux Hydraulics

bdward ยท 2017-07-03 22:01

I'm looking at a Hitachi EX120-2 machine. It was built without a auxiliary circuit or valve to operate a thumb, etc. Other than buying a valve to add to the valve bank, are there any other issues to deal with? I'm expecting to need a valve, steel piping from the valve, misc. hoses for pilot circuit, pipe &/or hoses out the boom, foot control pedal, plus the labor to install. Any idea the cost I should expect? Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1j dirt2017-07-03 22:42

    My ex100-3 also has no auxiliary valve, just a pin in place thumb. I was told $5000 plus for the kit to make it hydraulic. Surely there's a cheaper way. I've been thinking of a splitter valve off of one of the other functions, but I haven't done either yet. The pin up thumb works but just makes me want hydraulic control. Good luck.

  2. #292U 34062017-07-03 23:37

    We've put HKX? aux kits on a couple of larger ZX units. Not sure what the cost is or if they make any for the EX but they were a pretty nice kit. All the piping was pre-bent too which was nice.