Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi Ex150 Battery Relay Wiring – help

blakeusa52 ยท 2023-02-06 20:52

The fuseable link/s on my battery relay were toast - so I replaced the two leads with new fuseable links. The links were disconnected so I do not know which small wires went to each of the two large terminals. HOW i WIRED IT; > From the battery + 24 to the left side of the relay - with the small red wire > Other large cable on right side with small white wire. Do I have the small red and white wires switched or correct ?? Also not sure how this realy works -- when engerized or running does this allow the altenator current to flow to the battery? Initial problem was batterys would run down with a no start condition. Altenator tests good via meter plus had it bench tested at a local electrical shop. Thank you in advance.. B

Replies5
  1. #1excavator2023-02-06 22:52

    EX 150-1 or -5? I'm going to assume since it has fuseable links it is a -1. I will try to see if anything I have in my books that shows this, it's been to many years and to many machines since to remember. The battery relay shuts off all power to the entire machine except one wire to the ignition switch, basically just a safety switch so the entire machine is not hot while not running.

  2. #2blakeusa522023-02-06 23:15

    150-1 Thank you... it starts and runs now... just have not been able to check to see if its charging the batterys or if im getting any drainage at night. Did replace the fuseable links and the soloniod.

  3. #3excavator2023-02-06 23:34

    I know one of the fuseable links goes to the ignition switch, should be a white wire? so it would be on the post along with the positive cable from the battery. It's the other one I can't remember, I will try to get out to my manual room in the morning to see what I can find.

  4. #4blakeusa522023-02-07 06:37

    OK that makes sence per the diagram and my small brain. Will take the wires off and test to see which wire (white or red goes to the ignition switch).

  5. #5blakeusa522023-02-07 16:10

    Thank you to mr excavator. I confirmed the RED wire goes to the key switch and attatches to the left side of the battery relay. Positive Battery Cable goes to left side The WHITE wire goes to the altenator and attatches to the right side of the battery relay. Larger cable goes to starter motor on the right side of the battery relay.