Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi EX150LC Excavator lost control of swing

Andrew Oates ยท 2017-09-20 07:26

Gday Earthmovers, I was digging and doing some clearing recently with a hitachiEx150lc and I thought I felt and heard a clunk and suddenly I had no control of the swing. The top half of the excavator swings backwards and forwards on its own. The arm still works and it still drives ok. I checked for broken hoses they were ok. I shut it down and restarted it but still no good. I've parked it on some flat ground and I'm starting my research. Any advice would be greatly appreciated cheers Otis

Replies2
  1. #1tool_king2017-09-20 09:01

    Sound like your swing motor gear broke off or the shaft in the swing motor broke.I have seen that happen before. The only way to know for sure is to remove the swing motor and inspect it will be start forward if it failed.

  2. #2Bls repair2017-09-20 16:38

    ^^^^^^x2