Can't find any service limits (boost wise) for the IHI rhc7. Although it's very preliminary in troubleshooting my machines quirks and issues, I'm hitting 6 psi max. Seems a little lacking from what I'd expect. Haven't checked injection timing yet but it is smokey under load. Also haven't been able to get a gauge suitable for testing hydraulic pressures yet. Thanks
Got a number from a tech at the dealer 18-20 psi, I guess another part for the wish list.
Are you getting the engine loaded up real hard when taking that reading? I seem to recall those things running around 30 inches of mercury. That should be about 15PSI in a hard pull like booming down and running the stick out at the same time. You can also try walking it up a steep hill to get the reading.
I was doing a bit of land clearing, definitely not hard digging. Was at full throttle and full travel on multiple functions, seemed to load up as much as usual. Next time in it I'll pull a little harder and see if any different. Happy to prove it serviceable, just means something else is wrong further down the line. I know there are more minor problems. Thanks
Loaded up the engine today, 6 lbs was max boost. Took off the intake boot and spun the turbo before hand, no excessive drag. Compressor blades looked good, no notable radial play or end play. Did have soot inside the compressor housing, not oily. If the turbine wheel looks good any takers on whether a rebuild would be enough, or replacement of the whole assembly. I'd have to go with a Chinese clone to keep it affordable. Saw oem cartridges available, but guessing would need to spec out the housings for clearances before wasting the money.