Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi ex200-2

daddieboy ยท 2013-02-11 08:31

I recently purchased an ex200-2 excavator online to later find out that it function manually and is very very slow and low powered with all funtions. Is their anyone who can advise me in what I shoud do to increase both speed and power. I saw some videos on youtube with some machines that function manually that seem to be moving ok or ten times better than the one i have.

Replies8
  1. #1sk1202013-02-11 15:57

    Hi There are two ways to get hitachi -2 and -3 machines to function manually, 1) you can remove plate on bottom of hydraulic pump and rotate it 180 degrees. This will move pump into almost minimum flow which leaves it very slow and weak. 2) A kit which will bypass pump electrics and leaves machine with good speed and lots of power.

  2. #2daddieboy2013-02-11 20:53

    Hello once again and thank for the infro. I am located in the caribbean, Grenada to be precise and wouldnt be able to find anything here to repair this ex200-2 machine so i am looking for the lease costy way to get this running well. the plate at the bottom of the pump is already been turn i check it out. so it look like i will have to go with the second option can you tell me where I can locate this kit you suggested and thank once again

  3. #3sk1202013-02-12 08:52

    Hello again, I get kit from o meara parts. www.omearaparts.ie . email [email protected] . Hope this helps.

  4. #4daddieboy2013-02-12 21:25

    Thanks once again. I have another issuse with this ex200-2 machine the leftside control lever that responsible for the arm movements. This is what taking place whenever you want the arm to move outwards you normally will have to push the lever forward and pull the lever back to you to get the arm coming in to you but on this machine you have to do the opposit backward on the lever the arm will move outwards and forward on the lever the arm moves inwards to you. Could any tell me how i could correct this porblem. I have already try switching the lines only to find out that the control lever no longer can move in any direction. please any help will be appreciated.

  5. #5sk1202013-02-13 16:10

    Hey Where did you switch lines, was it the pilot lines under lever or was it main lines at back of boom. Normally when controls have been changed, its done by switching pilot lines on servo block under cab.

  6. #6daddieboy2013-02-13 19:22

    Hello SK120 it feel good chatting with some about my troublesome machine finally. The first place i switch the line was the control lever that didnt help so i switch it on the first junction box below the cab and both time the lever became stiff as hell. I only move two line because to control the arm movements because all the other function on that leftside lever are correct. Is there an avenue where i can share some pictures of my machine with you.

  7. #7lucian2013-02-14 03:16

    Hey Daddieboy,I am from the caribbean also and have been down your road(also have a hitachi ex120-2 excavator which had some issues).I agree with sk120 comments but from my research and experience hitachi -2 model excavators are mostly electrical issues.check your fuses in the back of the seat then check your computers.

  8. #8daddieboy2013-02-14 06:09

    Hello Lucian good to know you are so near to me. As i have mention before that my ex200-2 is function manually and is in the process of putting things right let me tell you what i did so far I worked on the harness most of it components are there with some of them are unplug. The pvc controller led light come on when the key switch is turn on the ec controller doesnt come on I had a tech. man look and it and was told that it was ok but I still didnt get it to work so i am look at the wires leading to that controller. I also work on the glow plug relay was not working so i repair it and have to install it today. what i have to so next to to check the sensors to make sure what is working and see what i can make right I wish I had someone here to help me with more knowledge on this machine all i know is what i read and my manuals. the machine is missing some parts like the engine control motor(EC MOTOR), engine stop motor and the engine speed sensor (A SENSOR). I know that I have a lot of work to do. Do you have an email where i can post some pictures which will make thing clearer to you. THANK MAN I hope we can generate a good line of communication between us.