Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi EX200-5 tracking very slow

Volvomad ยท 2015-11-24 10:13

Fast track stoped working some time ago . Lately it started hunting between regular speed and very slow . Then it also started pulling to one side . I started with the distributor . The seals werein bits . That solved the cruked tracking but intermittently it would be on a go slow . The go slow is getting more frequent now . If you pull any other service tracking speeds up . The driver also says that the last few days that some times digging functions have intermittently slowed to 3/4 speed but most of the time works fine while tracking rarely works properly now . Any help ,gladly recieved .

Replies2
  1. #1Karlukalaska2015-11-28 23:33

    I have the same machine and had that very same problem, i rooted everywhere on that damn shovel checking fittings banks computers lol turns out it was a simple wire issue. The drive pump has a series of plugs just to the right of the pump, check the coating on the wires see if has turned brittle and fallen away exposing the wire, I had 2 touching right at the plug. Replaced and machine is all better, oh and 1700.00 later grrr rooting is expensive haha

  2. #2Volvomad2015-11-29 19:36

    Thanks Karlukalaska . I started inspecting all the connections around the pumps on Friday only to find the co-axial wire to the speed sender bare . Also some of the wires to the throttle motor were possibly earthing . I taped the offending wires and fitted new conduit in places . The machine is going to work on Tuesday so fingers crossed . I hate intermittent faults . I have to say with 16000 hours and a dozen operators ,it is a good machine .