My hitachi 200exlc-3 is loaded up on her hydraulic pump with her idled up really high and when I start using the hydraulics the engine wants idle down and shut off I had a scanner plugged into it and was told to change the angle sensor, so after paying 1300 for the angle sensor I changed it out and no difference, I was wondering if anyone could help me figure this out
Was the angle sensor adjusted to spec? Just replacing it without a proper adjustment could give you the same symptoms.
How does it have to be adjusted?
Since I do not have the manual for that machine I cannot give you specifics. So, hopefully @LACHAU sees this and can supply you with the angle sensor adjustment procedure.
I’m also missing the spring clip in #12 in the diagram, does the clip go onto the end of the sensor or does it fit into the slot on the pump itself
The fastener spring is usually installed in the shaft in the pump. Then install the angle sensor with the punch mark on the sensor shaft opposite of the wiring harness.
I have a ex200LC-3 , this is from the service manual.
Where can I get the output voltage measurement harness? I don’t think my machine has it
ST-7139 Harness you would have to get from your Hitachi dealer. Or make one up yourself.
I can read the voltage but how do you physically adjust the sensor?
I see you have been posting on multiple threads. That is too confusing. Please try to keep all your questions to this thread. Rotate the sensor to adjust the voltage. The sensor 's mounting holes are slotted for this purpose. Only loosen the sensor's mounting hardware just enough to allow rotation. Loosen the angle sensor. Start the engine. Disconnect the two pump control solenoids. Let the engine idle for about 5 minutes (until the voltage stops changing). Then you adjust the angle sensor to the voltage spec. Tighten the angle sensor making sure the voltage does not change during tightening. Shut machine off. Connect pump solenoids.
Hey there I got the angle sensor adjusted and the machine is still the same thing, had a guy from Brandt plug into the machine and he is unable to clear the codes using his program, my machine has a code for every sensor out of the pump, he thinks it’s the pcv computer not getting the right voltage or outright not working
If you have codes for all the sensors, then the most likely culprit is the 5 volt reference circuit being shorted to ground either through a sensor itself, or through one of the 5 volt reference wires to a sensor. All the sensors on those machines usually share the 5 volt reference, so if one sensor/wire is shorted, then they are all down, creating the multiple codes. First thing is to backprobe a senor's 5 volt reference wire to see if there is 5 volts. if not, then unplug one sensor at a time until the 5 volts returns. then that sensor is the issue. if it does not return to 5 volts after everything is unplugged, then a wire is most likely shorted. If there is more than 5 volts, then there could be a short to a power wire in the harness somewhere. And yes, there still could be a controller issue in the end.
If you unplug a sensor while they machine is running Will she throw all those codes?
I’m also going to the voltage at the controller as well, I’m goin to Purchase the dr ex software and the harness so I can scan it myself, I can buy the software and harness for less than 200$ rather than paying 500$ for a dealer to scan it for me
No, it should only log a code for that particular sensor.
I would say my PVC is gone because I have 18 codes for all the sensors on the pump
Do you know what wires to the controller are the power and ground
No, I do not have the manual, so no schematics.
KJ, Check your messages
Update! I changed the Pump controller behind the seat and the excavator is still doing the same as before Can use away and idle the machine up and down through the idle modes but as soon as I pump heavy load on machine (like Curling the bucket in all the way) the machine dies Every sensor out on the pump is new as well as the module it self The step (throttle) motor is also new I’m at my wits end I don’t know what else to do besides take the pump off
Does anyone know what these relays are for?
KJ , check your messages.
Can @Diesel Dave or @mg2361 help me out Changed my pump controller Changed all sensors out on pump Angle sensor getting the correct 4.4 volts as well as everything else getting proper voltage Pump was tested and it’s not the Pump But my two solenoids that stroke and destroke the pump both have power on them all the time, isn’t one suppose to get power when doing the stroke and one gets power when destroking the pump? I can unplug one of the solenoids and the machine will idle up fine and will just let the hydraulics operate slow but as soon as I plug it back in the machine starts to overload the pump I’m in the dark here
I had the same thing happen . I was working on a steep slope and ran until the fuel light came on. It must of cleaned all the junk off the bottom of the tank. I was done on that job and I could barely get it loaded on the trailer. I changed the fuel filters and it went right back to normal. I also had black smoke.
Like he ^^^^said. Engine issues have not been addressed on this thread. Has engine issues been eliminated. Boost pressure? Fuel pressure? While I am not familiar with the EX200, and if those solenoids are like the ones in an EX120, then they have constant voltage to them as soon as the key is cycled on, and the controller supplies the ground to activate them. When they are activated, they are only activated for an extremely short time, just enough the stroke the pump to where it needs to be. There is a test harness from Hitachi (p/n 4283614) that gets placed into the circuit. When running the machine, the light should flicker as the solenoids get commanded. If the ground wire for that solenoid has a short to a ground before it gets to the controller, it can cause that. Test that wire for a short to ground with the solenoid and the PVC unplugged.
While looking at possible engine issues , Check for a plugged screen in the fuel inlet line banjo bolt on the fuel transfer pump.
All engine issues was checked