Bought a manual off eBay, came on a usb stick which was corrupted. Wouldn’t open, so they tried to send me a new one but I opted to get a refund. Does anyone have the pages for bleeding hydraulic pump after full hydraulic oil change? I’m going to have to get my dad to do it for me because he wants to use it. I have a bulged disk in my back, so I’d like to get the manual pages for it. 1998 hitachi ex230lc-5
Found this on the web. Got my dad to remove the plugs, they are o ring sealed. And very tight. But there was oil in the pump, and the level was not rising like we had expected. So pressed on the tank vent and oil rushed right up. Now I’ll just have to get him to add oil in between cycles while I slowly move the cylinders back and forth little at a time to fill the cylinders back up with oil.
When you drain the tank only the oil in the tank leaves the machine. You will not get any air anywhere in the system. If your machine has the engine shut down switch below the seat. Then flip the switch. It will allow the engine to crank but not run. Turn the enover for no more than 60 seconds and then remove the plugs. Rinse and repeat until the air stops coming out.
Tank was drained and left empty for about two and a half weeks while I was away. And the hydraulic cylinders were off. I read multiple places that if the tank was drained it would require bleeding. Just wanted to be sure. I do have that shut off below the seat on the right side. I’ll flip that and then crank it thank you.
Locate the pump and place a container under it to catch fluid that will drain when the plug is removed. Remove the bleeder plug shown in Figures 1 and 2. Air and hydraulic fluid should flow from the pump. The fluid may appear milky or foamy depending on the amount of air in the pump.