Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi EX230LC-5 Stereo Head Unit Wiring Colours

ippielb · 2025-09-27 22:11

Can anyone tell me what colour wire is for what? I bought a new head unit for my machine and I can't seem to find a wiring diagram that lists the color codes for the wires.The plugs don't match up from the new head unit.

Replies4
  1. #1Diesel Dave2025-09-29 00:34

    You probably figured this out already. The 4 light green wires with tracers are speakers. The dark green is unswitched power, the brown is switched power.

  2. #2ippielb2025-09-30 14:18

    The light green wires for the speakers that are vertical to eachother match, not horizontally. But it’s in and actually works. $30 stereo is better than nothing. When there’s two tiny 2.5” speakers you can’t expect much at least I don’t have to hear my own thoughts anymore.

  3. #3reganj2025-09-30 21:38

    I am being a little bit of a smarty pants, but, upgrade your speakers, bigger is better if you have the space. You can have an engine with 700 plus HP with 06 inch wide tires. When you upgrade, put some type of squishy foam, similar to a cushion behind the speakers and they will sound a LOT better. Hope this is taken in a good way and is helpful to you

  4. #4ippielb2025-10-01 22:14

    Sound deadening matting is what my friends have used, this summer we used probably 20 square feet of it on his new boat. There’s no room to put bigger speakers on this old hitachi, they’re in a spot that has contour to the back firewall, the best thing I could do is just get new speakers, and like you said put deadening behind them. I mean coming from having no radio, even these crappy old 1998 paper speakers is a huge upgrade lol.