Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi EX270 – Where have all the manuals gone?

swampdog ยท 2008-09-28 09:27

If you're old enough, you might remember the song "Where Have All the Flowers Gone." Well, I'm wondering where have all the manuals gone. I'm looking for manuals for my 1994 - 1995 Hitachi EX270 LC. If anyone has an extra operators, service, parts, other manual that they want to sell, please let me know. You can reach me at [email protected]

Replies11
  1. #1bollinger19852008-10-01 03:20

    The Manual is here I managed to get the brochure. Its here brochure

  2. #2swampdog2008-10-01 10:20

    Need full manuals Thanks, that is helpful. But I still need the full manuals for the EX270. Still looking.

  3. #3IronFlyer2008-10-01 14:21

    Wajax can't supply them???

  4. #4swampdog2008-10-01 22:10

    Good idea. If I can't find a used set, I will check with Wajax. They might have a source for them.

  5. #5IronFlyer2008-10-02 00:36

    They'd be the first place I'd check, they should be able to supply you with one. Maybe this could help too. http://cgi.ebay.ca/HITACHI-JOHN-DEE...VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

  6. #6swampdog2008-10-02 22:46

    I checked with WAJAX. They don't have anything, but can order the manuals, at a cost of about $800 for the set. For now, I think I'll keep on looking. The ebay item interests me, but my machine is an EX270 LC. The ebay manual is for an EX270-5LC, which I think is a newer machine. I wonder how many differences there are between the machines? Different engine? Other differences?

  7. #7ncbschzzt2008-10-03 01:28

    used manuals for this model if it is a straight 270 are going to be hard to find, is it a grey market machine? Also is it a -3 model, best yet post the serial number.

  8. #8IronFlyer2008-10-03 01:34

    Ouch, I figured Wajax could get them, but was thinking more along the 4-500 range, 8 is a little much. Well if I come across another option I'll pass it along. Sometimes the new manuals can be had on CD for about one third the cost of the paper editions, I wonder if anyone is producing them on CD for the older machines. Sorry, I don't know much about the year to year differences and would hate to pass along incorrect advice.

  9. #9excavator2008-10-03 11:32

    Go to the John Deere bookstore online. You can order printed manuals, CDs, DVD,s or even a down load. They list parts, operators and service manuals for the 270 and the 270-5.(was there a Dash 3?) Even if it is grey market I believe they are close enough that these will work. And they are cheaper than Wajax and they get here alot quicker. I've ordered quite a few this way and it's a nice way to go.

  10. #10swampdog2008-10-05 08:51

    Excavator, thanks very much for that suggestion!! I'll probably buy what I need and download it.

  11. #11ncbschzzt2008-10-05 11:20

    Www.jdtechinfo.com Just put in the model number in the search menu and your good to go