Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi EX30 loosing power

paulh ยท 2016-07-31 17:53

I have an old EX30 Around 1990, and it was working fine around the house but now it will only work for 15 minutes from cold before it looses all its digging power. But it will still track and blade down at full power. This led me to think servo pump issues I have changed the oil and all the filters and checked all the suction lines, today I even took off the servo pump but can't see any issues. I rebuilt it and after 15 minutes exactly the same. I can get a new servo pump but the fact it works well when first started it makes me suspect it could be something else. Does anybody have any ideas?

Replies4
  1. #1Markfitterirl2016-08-06 09:43

    Did you put a pressure gauge on the servo line to see if is holding its servoucher pressure..would be worth checking servo releif valve to check for wear..

  2. #2lantraxco2016-08-06 15:50

    I don't know the machine, but unless this is the one exception to the rule, the tracks and digging functions work off the same pump supply, thought the tracks may be mechanically linked to the spools whereas the digging functions may be pilot joysticks? The blade is typically run off a separate pump section. As Markfitterirl suggests, check the servo pressure and check shift pressure at a spool also as there are usually very fine filter screens in the inlets of the joysticks. Is there in fact a pilot oil filter?

  3. #3paulh2016-08-06 19:30

    fixed now thanks Broken deadman cable

  4. #4lantraxco2016-08-06 20:24

    Sweet!