Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi ex300-3 throttle postion not working

GCC ยท 2017-03-06 17:34

Hello i have a hitachi ex300lc-3 the batterys have been disconnected for 2 months when i turn key on the throttle defualts to half throttle and will not decrease to idle unless u turn the key off and disconnect the kill switch. Then it will idle fine. Trying to figure out if i have to recalibrate the throttle motor with doctor zx or if maybe throttle motor has given up the ghost from sitting.

Replies3
  1. #1excavator2017-03-06 20:27

    It likely that you just need to re learn the throttle motor. With key on, push "P" max power mode switch. Wait 4-5 seconds for the EC motor to move linkage to fast idle stop. Turn key off and wait for the battery relay to shut off, then start the engine.

  2. #2GCC2017-03-10 20:29

    That doesnt seem to fix the problem

  3. #3chickenminer2017-03-10 21:44

    I've got a 300-3 that I use in my mining operation. It sits with the batteries disconnected for 5 months over winter. Never had a problem when I reconnect the batteries in the Spring and fire it up. So I don't think it is related to having batteries disconnected. I'd just run it a while and see if it fixes itself.