Having a problem with my Hitachi EX300LC-2 excavator. While I'm operating, the engine will quit. It's done this several times the past couple years. To restart I would manually set the EC motor linkage to the idle position. I've checked the voltages from the EC sensor at all power settings - the are correct according to the manual. At this time, key ON engine OFF the EC motor sets the throttle to the idle position. When key is rotated to start position, the EC motor rotates the throttle to the fuel OFF position. Only way to start the machine is to disconnect the wiring to the EC motor and sensor and manually open the throttle. I've spoken with the local dealer a few times. So far his suggestions haven't helped. I don't know if the problem is with the EC motor, EPC module or possibly the ignition switch.
No replies yet.