Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi EX330-5 good batteries but no electrical power

gbugh ยท 2012-11-03 20:51

I'm trying to restore electrical power and don't know where to look. The batteries are giving me 24.6 volts but I turn the key and get nothing. I can jumper past the starter solenoid and the starter turns the engine over great. I measured the connector at the back of the key and get 1.7 volts on 1 wire and nothing on the others. Nothing in the cab has any power. I saw a wiring diagram on the internet that has a wire from the key to a box labeled MC, Master Controller? But I don't know where that is. I don't even know if that is the likely source of the problem. Can anyone please give me some ideas where to look for the problem? Thanks mucho!, George

Replies3
  1. #1Jigz_21142012-11-04 02:21

    try to start with the engine wiring specially at the fuel system and the ignition,if the engine work next is the control,just do step by step wiring just what i did.i remove all the wires and make my own schematic diagram.

  2. #2BIG IRON MECH.2012-11-04 10:16

    In the compartment where the batteries are, on the counterweight side there is a square box that has the electronic night switch inside. There are 2 or 3 fuse holders there as well, one designates power to the key all the time. Check those fuses, they also corrode in that area, could also have a broken wire from that fuse to the key, had that happen on a 200LC. Good Luck.

  3. #3dodgeram228712012-11-05 17:09

    check the fuses check the master switch, when you turn the key is there a clunk , if yes check the power on both sides of the switch.