Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi ex58mu

Pjm111 · 2020-04-19 19:56

Alarm system showing and levers don’t work. Shut down and restart and operates again for a while. Any ideas please

Replies2
  1. #1tool_king2020-04-19 22:54

    Do you have a picture ?

  2. #2excavator2020-04-20 11:44

    I can't remember off the top of my head what it's called but they have a safety system on them that prevents the swinging boom from hitting the cab. A lot of extra switches and wiring, I would start by checking the two switches on the base of the boom. They're a round switch with an arm on them connected to the boom. They have a potentiometer inside that often goes bad. I will try to find some info on the system. It seems like there was a post here on HEF not that long ago talking about this same system. The EX33Mu is the same basic machine.